Depilar system

Depilar system seem to be a new way of removing both light and dark hair on any skintype. I’ve follow its spreding for some years and now it’s almost in every hair removing salon (at least here in sweden) alongside with laser, ipl and electrolysis.

Has anyone tried it?
The reviews here are good, the only negative thing is that it takes longer to get hairfree than with laser and the waxing hurts, but on the other hand its cheaper.

Never heard of it. That’s twice tonight something has come out of left field I’ve never heard of. How does it work?

Seana

Here are some info that I’ve found:

Announcing the latest in hair removal technology, the Depilar System uses the latest in advanced scientific research to offer an effective and affordable method for lasting removal of unwanted body hair for all sexes, races, hair colors and types. NO other hair removal product is as effective on ALL skin and hair types.

Developed by a Scandinavian research team, the Depilar System’s newly enhanced enzyme-based formula, featuring the synergistic proteolitic enzymes Trypsin and Chymotrypsin, provides efficacy higher than any other product of its kind on the market, including first generation enzyme-based hair removal products and costly laser, IPL and electrolysis treatments. According to independent laboratory tests, the Depilar System has 5-10 times higher enzyme activity than any other existing treatments, and a complete series of Depilar System treatments costs less than half of a complete series of alternative hair removal treatments.

An in-spa or in-salon treatment performed by professional skincare and beauty therapists, the Depilar System is used directly after a traditional waxing to target and destroy hair follicles. The Depilar System works by breaking down the hair-producing cells located at the bottom of the follicles and accessible only when hair is in it the growth (anagen) phase.

The Depilar System consists of two gels – the Inhibitor and the Activator – both applied to the target area immediately after waxing, sugaring, threading or after removing hair from a smaller area, such as the eyebrows or the upper lip, with a pair of tweezers. When the Depilar System reaches the hair producing cells at the bottom of follicles left open and empty after waxing or tweezing, an organic, targeted cellular process occurs. The unique combined activation of Trypsin and Chymotrypsin breaks down the structure of hair-producing cells, destroying them and effectively preventing further hair growth and ridding the body of unwanted hair.

A treatment with the Depilar System takes approximately 1-10 minutes, depending on target area. As not all hair cells are active at the same time, regularity of treatments every 4-6 weeks over a 16-24 month period is necessary to effectively destroy ALL hair cells during their growth cycle. The timeline for individual results will vary.

Depilar System™ is developed by Norlab, produced in The United States by Norlab USA and is not tested on animals.

Enzymes huh? Honestly, sounds like snake oil.One word caught my attention when I looked at it…reduction. Not removal, reduction.I think I’ll stick with my electrolysis.

Seana

Yes, they say reduction because the only permanent complete hair removal method is electrolysis. All other methods lie if they say permanent hair removal. Not even laser is permanent. By that they mean that there can always come hair years later that was not growing during treatment. If you get pregnant, for instance, you can grow new hair due to hormon issues. Though the hair that you killed during treatment is killed and gone.