Dear Micheal Bono

After watching this Youtube https://youtu.be/FSCPRGFlSFY, I’m thinking of u.

As a therapist, we see clients’ skin. So it is our duty to ask them to get check if we see something doesn’t look right.

I do not remove hair over moles or pigment-producing skin cells unless a client supply a medical certificate.

Why? => It’s for their own safety.

The medical certificate indicating that Dr. has checked their moles and color-producing skin cells and that those cells are not cancerous. Only then I can provide Electrolysis treatments to remove hairs growing out where there r moles and other color-producing skin areas. Most importantly, these are the spots I will treat very last at the end of the treatment sessions before I throw the needles away to ensure that I do not transfer or spread these cells to other areas of the clients’ body.

1 Like

That is a beautiful post and I thank you so much. You can never be faulted for being too careful. I don’t know the disposition of a case being heard in the U.K., but an electrologist removed a “brown mark” on a patient … and the lesion eventually ended-up being diagnosed as skin cancer. I believe that the regulatory agencies in the U.K. are looking into this situation. Indeed, you CAN “erase” a troublesome “spot” … but if you’re not a physician there is GREAT danger to the client.

1 Like

I have to laugh at that photo of the “radiation machine.” At my first appointment, I refused to get on the thing. Dr. Chapple insisted and explained that my particular form of skin cancer is sometimes fatal. Still, there is something about radiation that is CREEPY!