Dear fellow electrologists-I need the advice

I have a question regarding skin redness.

I treated client three weeks ago, it is under chin/neck area. She has sensitive skin and medium thickness hairs.

I had not seen the skin too damaged when treated. It was regular redness, nothing alarming. When she came back, she still had redness and redness was not like when skin is healing and we see the color gets more brownish. It was like fresh rosacea kind of red, almost like fresh red. I asked her and she said, she did not have any pain, her skin is just too sensitive.

I asked what is she doing when goes home, like if she is scrabbing, washing etc. She said, she is using the Vit C solution. I explained that this is acidic and she said she will stop using it.

What should I do if redness will persist?

Thanks in advanced

The skin is still healing. The inflammation process must take place. There is more blood in the area that’s why she is red. The neck is a different animal when it comes to healing. It takes longer. Don’t worry and tell her not to worry, but rather give it more time to finish healing. Also, warn your clients that this may occur before you treat. It will not be there forever.

Please, please, please direct yourself and your clients to Michael Bono’s three part YouTube video’s on The Healing Skin. Here is part !: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viKQcBAHLOI&index=4&list=PLO7288fgIAu9cY4anS4Bw1injvzkH1Mf9