Dear electrologists, please suggest an estimate on how long it would take to remove all the hair on my face for the modality you practice. Thank you!

Here are my pictures (click on the link to view all 5 pictures):

This is after 8 sessions of laser hair removal using the nd-yag laser of LightSheer Infinity.

Note that the hair around the cheek and neck is thin whereas the hair on the chin, upper-lip and ramus are thick.

This one is a bit of a crap shoot. Because you’ve done laser ( an I assume recently) we dont now how much you started with or how much will come back post-laser. lso most electrologists could only give estimatees based on the modality they primarily work inn, which is different for each one.

I had my last laser session 6 months ago. I’ve been told that hair will slowly return for the next couple of years, but for my case, whatever regrowth I’ve experienced post laser has been constant. In the past few months, I’ve had no new regrowth in the treated areas.

What would be your estimate?

100-120 hours minimum over 18-24 months. Again, the hair that we can’t see in the picture and the unknowns from laser, make this number wildly variable . In my opinion there is no economy from having done laser so whatever the pre-laser estimate would have been, you’ll spend at least that much time even having had laser.

This is a full beard picture from my my pre-laser days:

BTW, what modality do you practice?

I do mostly thermolysis , and some blend. My estimate stands. If I did the same face in blend I can see it taking 300 or more hours.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

300 hours??!?! WOW! :tired_face::tired_face:

download

I wrote my opinion many times but nobody listen: NEVER DO LASER ON FACE.

1 Like

Sorry I didn’t know about electrolysis earlier. Laser was more popular.

Laser tends to get more publicity and attention because it is for the most part the domain of the medical community and doctors. They have the money to promote technology and services on a massive level. As a result, electrolysis gets lost in the shuffle, but it is still there and to this day remains the ONLY method of permanent hair removal. Laser is permanent hair reduction which means it can permanently reduce some hair, but not all. Laser tends to work up to a point beyond which it stops working. You can always start electrolysis and go at your own pace based on what you can afford and time you are willing to invest. A piecemeal approach will take longer, but it works out to be a viable option for many people. Start with the area that bothers you the most and chip away at it.

1 Like

RYAN, Using Galvanic multi probe electrolysis, I would need 150-180 hours to complete had you not had laser

Thank you for your estimate. Unfortunately I didn’t know about electrolysis earlier as I mentioned in my previous comment.

When one asks how long will it take for any area, please keep in mind that there are many variables.

Specifically, for your legs, the question I ask back is how many hair follicles do you have? Of course, you will not know. Length of time depends on whether you have scant density of hair or copious amounts of hair, how efficiently and fast your practitioner can tackle a large area of hair. Many can do the size of your palm clearance and others only get a coin size area in one hour.

I am impressed with the results of lasing leg hair first, if you have dark, coarse hair and then finishing up with electrolysis to grab the rest of the hair that laser could not affect. The lower legs respond well, usually, but the thighs can be be more problematic. There seems to be a higher ratio of “roots” that are white as opposed to black. We need BLACK roots for laser to be effective.

Using both modalities is really a good choice to speed this along, especially if you are really hairy.

Dear R, I am an Electrologist from Melbourne (Australia) with over 30 years experience.I only offer Electrolysis but I often suggest Men start with laser and follow up with electrolysis. With excellent results. I have just about finished a client with similar hair growth and we have just done 100 hours . We are nearly finished. I agree with others we can only estimate but you will clearly see results as you progress with the treatments .
In regard to laser on the face , I don’t recommend facial laser treatment for women but a male type hair growth is different. Each person is different and should be treated accordingly. I would recommend the blend method from the photos. Regards Sally

1 Like

I would do a few more laser sessions. Make sure you are going to a place that is supervised by a doctor or a nurse. Most of my clients do at least 12 laser sessions if not more for a man’s beard. As far as Electrolysis, because you have had laser, your Electrologist will not be able to tell you how often you will need treatments at least until he/she has done one session. After that you will just have to see how quickly the hair is coming in for the person to determine how often you will need treatments. I hope that helps.

Oh, I would have the blend method when you decide to have Electrolysis done. Just make sure to always have a test area done first.