Dealing with waxing pain

So I just had my back waxed for the first time yesterday. Applied Witch Hazel every couple of hours and it is still a little red, but not all that bad.

My real question is what does everyone do about the pain. I wanted to do my stomach and chest, but after two strips I couldn’t take the pain. I used the GIGI numbing spray, but it really didn’t help much. Any ideas or suggestions. Shaving doesn’t do me any good as my hair grows too fast. Thanks in advance for the help

There isn’t a lot you can do about pain, but you get used to it. Also, once you start waxing, you never wait until the hair is that dense and coarse again, so it’s a bit easier.

You can potentially take a painkiller beforehand and ice the area afterwards.

Avoid sweating while it’s healing.

Welcome to a girls world :wink: Maybe take a few shots before you get started? hehe.

I find taking an advil 15-20 minutes before helped when I used to wax my tummy before I did laser on it. Few weeks ago I waxed my legs myself, can’t talk about pain until you’ve experienced that lol.

ttobol has been temporarily banned for shamlessly spamming the board. I will also add here that anyone who has ever had waxing must know that “Painless Waxing” is a contradiction in terms.

(Unless they are using a TES or SuperPhaserGold as a prep to the waxing :grin: HairTell Humor! Ar-Dee-Har-Har!)

SPAM, maybe, but the post is still there and the link EZ to follow, so… Anyway, membership clubs for tanning and massage are now hitting the wax biz. Interesting, but the BRAZ is still ladies only - darn!

Hey, if anyone wants to type that into their browser and feed the spammer, they are welcome to it. It is at least topical to the forum. We just like it better when service providers help out by answering questions, instead of just trying to post free ads on here.