Dealing with redness

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”> I am desperately seeking an answer to a question of great urgency to me. I’m a TS currently beginning electrolysis. My skin is EXTREMELY sensitive, as well as prone to infection. Even after Epilight and (more recently) Electrolysis, my upper lip area is red. I’m NOT talking about the usual post-procedure redness. I’m talking about days or weeks later. It’s been days since I had electrolysis on my upper lip, and my upper lip is still red. I’m starting to worry that my upper lip will be red forever.

Is it possible that the frequent shaving has actually converted my entire upper lip into scar tissue? Will my upper lip be red forever? Am I the only human being in the history of the planet with this problem? Is there anything I can do?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Hyperpigmentation is a problem some have, especially from laser and IPL. Electrolysis usually leaves a more splotchy redness in those affected by this. Some have metal allergies and find gold probes help.

You can help reduce the effect by going to highly experienced practitioners and avoiding sun and chemicals in the treated areas. Some people have luck with lighteners like hydroquinone, but you may wish to speak with a deramtologist about it.