Critique + tips for my DIY galvanic? (long post)

I have been using the Clean + Easy (aka One Touch) self electrolysis system on my face (light skin, straight, coarse, dark hair) and would greatly appreciate some input on my technique.

Almost every hair that comes out without resistance (>90%) - bubbles before it releases. Is this normal?

In addition, if the hair comes out with a white liquid end - does that mean that lye did not fully turn to crust? (a partial destruction?)

Some of the hairs come out with a slight pop. Not quite tweezing but sort of like halfway between a tweeze and no resistance. Is this a problem?

Lastly, it sometimes takes several insertions of 30-40seconds each to get the hair to release. This has led to what I might call pitting (a noticeable hole in the skin) and scabbing. I think this is due to a faulty technique. Even when I use the needle without the cover (to go deeper) I still can’t seem to get most follicles in one try.

I can’t seem to find a “pattern” to the hair even though it is in the same area. All of the follicles appear to be in different directions and I can’t seem to figure out which insertion will cause a proper zapping.

I felt like the follicle location would be more predictable but it’s harder than I expected. Would you mind sharing your critique?

Thank you so much for all of your help.

P.S. I am getting ADDICTED to electrolysis :sweat_smile:. I doubt I could do it professionally (and don’t intend to) but the satisfaction when the hair slides out is absolutely amazing. Aside from my eyes getting fatigued from having to look to the side, I am loving the process. A big thank you to everyone in this community :hugs:

1 Like

I don’t have experience with one touch and don’t know how good of DC output it provides but if I recall correctly, the probe size that comes with it is not ideal. Another issue is you’re treating your own face so it will be an uphill battle to get proper insertions.
The bubbling is normal, classic sign of lye production. You just want to make sure that the follicles don’t raise like a balloon then you risk over-treatment. 30-40 seconds is normal treatment time with galvanic.
The liquid part you mention could be the froth from the lye or you’re seeing the mushy ends of anagen hairs that have thick root sheaths. All normal signs.

1 Like

Thanks so much for your response!

using the same, also on my face. there shouldnt be any popping, but everything else is fine. I need a lot llonger to get them out… about 14 beeps minimum.

1 Like

do you know what is the size of C&E needle?

it’s not a real professional needle. it’s one size only ?

yes, but what is the size of it ? it is very thick to be used in fine hairs ?

They are not a suitable size for fine hairs. Clean NEasy probes are non-sterile, uninsulated and of a larger size.