Credible Sources for biology of hair?

Ive been binge watching Michael Bono’s videos on youtube and trying to find information online to fully understand the anatomy and biology of the hair (the more detailed the better!). Researching things online has not been as detailed as I would like and I just dont know where to look.

Extremely detailed biologcal and anatomical dermis, epidermis and hair follicle sources

Thank you

William Montagna has two landmark books on hair (and skin) … if you can find these titles you have just found THE authority on the subject.

1 Like

I have The Biology of Hair Growth by Montagna. 517 pages of all-things-hair.

Well, surprise surprise surprise! ha ha ha

wasnt Montagna the fellow who theorized a better kill rate by leaving the hair in situ when doing electrolysis?

No, that was Harvey Grove (electrologist from Mass.). Poor Harvey, he always wanted to speak to the association about his ideas but he was always disrespected and thwarted. And that is not an unfamiliar reaction from the association. New ideas = bad and not allowed.

The Montagna book is THE milestone in skin and hair biology and he had little to say about hair removal of any sort. If you attempt to read his book(s) you will need an unabridged medical dictionary for nearly every sentence. I have three of his books; and NOT an easy read.

Harvey was (is) an electrologist. William Montagna was a top-tier researcher and scientist. I still have several letters from Montagna; and he was helpful when I was writing my books.

“Know thy enemy” - Sun Tzu (or someone like that)