cream induced hair growth?

Hello,
I am a 23 year old female who has facial hair problem. I have been having some skin problems for a while and that’s why i have been using an acne cream and a sun screen which is for dry and sensitive skins (for about 1.5 month). The thing is, since i started using these products, i am seeing more facial hair growth. I have never had sideburns before but now i have. I don’t know if this is related with the products, my dermatologist says it is not possible for an acne cream to induce hair growth, but the pharmacist told me that since the sun screen is for dry skin, it contains some oils (which i don’t know) which may nourish the hair follicles and produce more hairs. I was wondering if you have heard of anything like this, i mean can an acne cream or a sun screen induce facial hair growth and if i stop using the products (i stopped using the sun screen) will the hairs go away.
elis

A good blood supply and male hormones nourish hair. Acne and hair go hand in hand. The same hormone that stimulates acne also stimulates hair.

I have not heard of acne cream or sun screen causing hair growth. Maybe your genetic blueprint is kicking in for hair growth and using these topicals just happen to coincide with natures timetable.

Dee

Dear Elis, You are 23 and F; is your menstrual cycle irregular? Have you noticed any other changes other than the hair growth; perhaps weight gain in a short period of time? If so, discuss this with your gynocologist and then perhaps an endocrinologist.

Hi,
I neither have irregular menstrual cycle nor weight gain. I don’t think there is something wrong with my hormones, but i guess i can go to a gynocologist just to make sure. Thanks very much for your replies, bye.
elis