cost

Wondering if anyone could tell me the average cost of electrolysis in Australia?

You’re looking around AUD100 an hour.

ok thanx… so to give me an idea… how many hours would say the back of the neck take… if it was medium amount of hair…?

That would be a question for James as I have no idea.

I have been going for electrolysis now for almost 3 months and have been working on my upper lip, underarms (one clearance so far), bikini (two clearances), top back of thighs (one clearance) and the upper leg area (yet to be fully cleared).

It’s expensive and time wise I find it draining as when we work on a sensitive area, I find myself very tired for the rest of the day. Perhaps that is just me but after having my bikini and underarms cleared, I was rendered useless and just slept. The pain takes its toll. However, the thought of being hair free within a year makes it so very bearable!

I go every week but as I have started a new job I will not be able to go to my nxt appt for two weeks. That makes me nervous as I don’t want to delay my treatment at all.

Cheers,

Cost is dependent on the speed of your electrologist, the area you are having work done on, how soon you get to first clearance and you keeping to the best schedule possible.

You would have to know how many hairs you have visible, how many hairs per hour your person can remove, and know that what ever you see now, you have about 3 times that number of hairs total to remove.

Cost is dependent on the speed of your electrologist, the area you are having work done on, how soon you get to first clearance and you keeping to the best schedule possible.

You would have to know how many hairs you have visible, how many hairs per hour your person can remove, and know that what ever you see now, you have about 3 times that number of hairs total to remove.

So, are you saying that only about 3 electrolisys sessions is needed to permanently remove all hair?
Cause if so, that’s marvelous

No, that is not what I am saying.

Even the smallest job usually takes 4 sessions spread out over 12 to 18 months. Your Aunt Sadie who has those 3 hairs on the side of her face, would actually need at least 4 appointments of 5 minutes each spread out over 9 to 18 months, just so we could get all the hair when it shows itself.

Any real job will take many appointments of various durations spread out over 9 to 24 months depending on a multitude of factors.

No, that is not what I am saying.

Even the smallest job usually takes 4 sessions spread out over 12 to 18 months. Your Aunt Sadie who has those 3 hairs on the side of her face, would actually need at least 4 appointments of 5 minutes each spread out over 9 to 18 months, just so we could get all the hair when it shows itself.

Any real job will take many appointments of various durations spread out over 9 to 24 months depending on a multitude of factors.

That is a long time (9-18 months).

Would it work if one got, let’s say, 5 laser sessions, then finished it off with electrolysis? would the number of electrolysis sessions reduce, since you got laser 5 times?

Yes, but the cost may not work directly in your favor (though it could). Laser can be expensive and sometimes its several hundred for a session, regardless of how long you go - in laser you pay per body region. Five laser treatments could easily cost over $1,000. In some cases however this could prove helpful as well as cost saving.

Just something to ponder.

i don’t know how many laser sessions one would need to achieve a significant amount of hair reduction, but yes, starting with laser and finishing off with electrology is what a lot of people here have done, especially if they’re working on large areas of the body (legs, back, chest, etc).

9-18 months may be a long time, but personally, I felt that I was going to live 9-18 months of my life regardless, I might as well spend it doing something useful and end the time period with one major problem off my hands (well, face, actually, lol).

Also: If it takes at least 9 months to complete all hair growth cycles, then the same amount of time would be needed for the use of laser.

I see.
The reason i ask is because i have had 7 laser treatments on my front neck, and id say, 50% of the hair is gone.

However, to finish off the other 50% would cost another 7 sessions, which would be about $800.

And then i plan on doing my chest/abdomen.

I did get a deal though. She said she’d give me 4 chest sessions and 4 abdomen sessions for $1,100.

Because of the diminishing returns with Light Amplification by Simulated Emission of Radiation, you would not complete the job in another 7 Sessions. You may not get more than a total of 60% to 70% reduction no matter how many treatments you have, and the reduction may not be stable years after the treatments are concluded.

Because of the diminishing returns with Light Amplification by Simulated Emission of Radiation, you would not complete the job in another 7 Sessions. You may not get more than a total of 60% to 70% reduction no matter how many treatments you have, and the reduction may not be stable years after the treatments are concluded.

Strange. I thought i has posted, i guess it didn’t go through.

anyways, so you do think im better off finishing it with electrolysis, correct?

Everyone who wants full permanent hair removal of all visible hairs has to “finish off with electrolysis” at some time or another.

Everyone who wants full permanent hair removal of all visible hairs has to “finish off with electrolysis” at some time or another.

Thank you.

One more question before i proceed to electrolysis.

With laser, there are the possibility of scars. But those scars are burns, and they go away within a couple months.

I am aware that scarring with electrolysis is also possible, but do the scars go away? or is it permanent?

Both Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation and Electrolysis have the potential to cause permanent damage to skin via 3rd degree burns. The difference is with electrolysis, that would be happening one follicle at a time, and one would hope that the practitioner would notice this and make needed changes, or that the client would notice this and make the needed change to another electrologist. With LASER, you don’t know that you are damaged until after your whole treatment area has been treated to the same overtreatment.

In any case, damage can heal up over time, or just fade to a lesser point of noticeability. It is much easier to blend in one blown out follicle into your face than one full blown burn the size of a silver dollar.