coolglide (pics)

hi, i am kinda new to laser hair removal. and i just wana make a lot of reaserch before going to a laser hair removal place. is this a good device or no? http://www.topdocs.com/display_procedure.php?id=coolglide-lhr&ba=no

also i want to use it on my chest and abdominal. here are some pics of how my hair looks like. i only waxed like 3 times.

Post deleted by akajoe

Read the FAQs for information you need to know. Your skin is dark, so you need a Yag laser. But the hair is dark and coarse, so you should get results:

www.hairremovalforum.com/faq.cfm

but whats better american laser hair removal… or theres this place called coolglide. it has a men’s T, and 3 years guarante for 1,650… and compared to american laser hair removal witch last time i went for a conseltation it was 3,100. with 2 year guarantee. but only for chest and abdominal.

what’s better is to get 3-4 consultations to compare and personally, i would stay away from that chain, but it’s up to you. read some reviews on it here and see what you decide for yourself. what you need to be looking for, first and foremost, is how experienced the tech is and how much they care about your results, not your money, which is hard to find. plus, you need the best laser for your skin type, which is a Yag. Coolglide is a Yag laser. that chain as far as I know doesn’t carry Yags, only diodes and IPLs at most places.

one more thing i forgot to say…my hair has like 2 growing in one spot. i mean like if you look closer you can see 2 growing from one spot. its like that all over my body. i dont know what you guys call that…but is that gana effect anything?

if you dont know what i mean ill post pics if you want me to.

that’s even better for laser. more pigment.

that’s even better for laser. more pigment.

thats nice to hear…

but i have a nother question…i heard it is better if there is less fat on the part you do hair removal, becuase the energy wont get lost that much from the laser.

for example
the musicle pushes the place were the hair begins to grow(i dont know what its called) closer to the out side skin. but the fat srounds it.

[quote]that’s even better for laser. more pigment.

thats nice to hear…

but i have a nother question…i heard it is better if there is less fat on the part you do hair removal, becuase the energy wont get lost that much from the laser.

for example
the musicle pushes the place were the hair begins to grow(i dont know what its called) closer to the out side skin. but the fat srounds it. [/quote]

Good question! It may have some effect. Maybe Andrea can answer that. I have read that obesity can cause hirsuitism.

RJC2001

Good question! It may have some effect. Maybe Andrea can answer that. I have read that obesity can cause hirsuitism.

RJC2001

thanks, but whos Andrea whats her name here?

she owns this forum

she owns this forum

oh, thanks

another qestion…if you have pimples on your stomach, from waxing( the last time i waxed was back in march). and its not but some of the pimples have ingrown hairs in them… not all of them just some… is it ok to do laser hair removal.

yes, it will probably clear those up actually.

I’m sorry to sound repetitive, but do you mean the laser will make the current pimples go away or it will keep more from appearing.

I had an ingrown hair during my first laser treatment (the end of April). It took it forever to go away. I still have a slight mark where it is healing. After the treatment the pimple/ingrown became very hard and painful. For me this is normal w/ an ingrown, but it usually only last a few days, then (sorry to be gross) it gets a little pussy and I can pull or scrub the ingrown hair out. This time that didn’t happen and it took months for the ingrown to hair.

I thought this persistent ingrown hair may remained for so long because the hair was no longer growing so it took longer to push out of the skin.

What do you think?

both. lhr usually kills the hair and your body pushes dead hairs out of your skin.

Usually if you call the center thery can reshoot the areas that have persistent ingrowns to help push them out.