connair new hair removal system

I saw in ad in a magazine for a new connair electric hair buffing system. I’m not sure if it’s in stores yet, but I’d be interested in seeing if it works. If anyone decides to try it, can you write a review here? Thanks! :smile:

http://www.drugstorenews.com/beauty_care/index.htm?ID=2715

STAMFORD, Conn. - March 27, 2003 - Conair has removed the pain out of hair removal with its innovative Conair Hair Removal System, a plug-in appliance that involves two fine-grain exfoliating pads that rotate in two different directions, reducing hair into dust.

In addition, the soft sandpaper-like pads exfoliate skin as they remove unwanted hair on arms and legs. The Conair Hair Removal System, which includes four replacement pads, will be available in both mass and department store for $69.99.

Yeah,
I’d like some more info about this product also. Apparently it’s pain-free and it can last for up to two weeks.

Two weeks?! Now I’m a little suspicious. But if that were actually all true I’d easily pay that price for such a miracle. :smile: crosses fingers

Do you really believe that sandpapering your hair away will be painless? Most cultures left friction behind when shaving became a possibility.

You can tell what this company thinks of the product just by looking at the price. $70 for a hand held body sander? It is the Epi-Lady all over again. You can’t return it because I bet there is no way to sterilize it after first use, so once you bought it, you are just out the money.

Do you realize that you can by Black and Decker sanders for wood at that price?
For more info on friction click on Friction Facts http://www.hairfacts.com/methods/friction.html

[ May 09, 2003, 04:54 AM: Message edited by: James W. Walker VII, CPE ]

Would this be similar to the process that the mittens to remove hair uses? Cause the hair removal mittons aren’t painful.

Any new info on this product and when it will be in stores?

So has anyone tried this product yet?

Update:

I ended up trying this a few months back, but the results were nowhere near my expectations. Although it was’t painful, it didn’t remove hairs very well at all. The good news is I bought it at one of those drugstores that lets you return anything you’re not satisfied with. It could be worth a try as long as you’re sure you can return it.

I tried it a couple of yrs ago when it first came out.it didnt really remove much hair and it made me raw in a few places so I returned it and got a refund.

Don’t waste your money. I tried it for a while (on my thick male hair) and found that it only reduces the hair down to stubble. Shaving was much better. However, on areas with fairly thin hair, such as my arms, it worked pretty good, sometimes giving an appearance close to that on waxing.

Tried it for a bit, but it was useless. Made my hair feel like stubble and did not make the hair any finer.Hope that helps.

Yes, that does help. Thanks for your input. Sorry you wasted your money.

Dee

My advice would be if you want to use friction, stick with the mittens. You can control the speed and pressure a lot more. There also relativley inexpensive so if they start to get a bit gunky and minging you can chuck them away and start afresh with a new one.

Btw, if anyone is actually able to get smooth results for two weeks with shaving or friction (without the use of other products), I DEFINATLEY envy you.

Regards,
Benji

OK… here’s the experience of such products fromn a Transgendered individual, for whom hair removal is a full-time job. Obviously, the entire principal of this machine, is the same as the pink “Hair-Away” buffer that you can buy for a few bucks in any drugstore.

There is one reason, and one reason only, that I carry one of these in my arsenal. It is quite effective at removing facial hair that is very short, and difficult to shave. Now, of course, I’m sure there’s a big difference between rubbing your face with this little rubber thing, and a machine that does the job, but they are performing the same operation. Just like a sanding block as opposed to an orbital sander.

I have found the process to be a bit uncomfortable, but certainly never painful. The big trick is to make sure that the skin is stretched taut on the area you are treating. You want painful?.. Use a Braun Silk-Epil on a moustache! ( A power tweezer, similar to an Epilady, but one that will work very well on facial hair) I can only use my Silk-Epil after I have seriously thinned my facial hair through tweezing. However, I have never experienced anything more than a short-lived redness from using the buffer type treatment. Absolutely no scraping, bleeding, or scabbing. The Silk-Epil has torn my face up quite a few times.

And as others have said, in this thread, it seems to be a hit and miss, here and there procedure, and if you went on long enough to get all the hair, I imagine you would be bleeding! If I were removing leg and/or body hair, I would choose an Epilady, or a Silk-Epil, hands down over this machine. Although my advice for the last 25 years for the removal of body hair, is, and will continue to be, depilatories such as Nair.

Hi:

Just a word of advice from someone who had to have
a lot of electrolysis in order to have a hair free face.

Save your money and get electrolysis done.
It is the only sure way to remove the hair permanently.

These other devices will do more harm than good.
Using an epilator or tweezing the face will result in
ingrowns and sometimes more stubborn and twisted roots.

I try to tell people that, but they don’t believe me.

Any hair removal system that removes hair either by ripping it out from the roots, or causes skin trauma can lead to ingrown hairs, distorted follicles, and a thickening and darkening of the offending hairs. This will only serve to make them MORE noticeable as time goes by, and will actually make permanent removal more difficult in the end, as the hairs will be thicker, deeper, and perhaps twisted beneath the skin’s surface. Distorted follicles are more difficult to insert on, causing it to be harder to do good insertions. Bad insertions hurt more. It should also be noted that thicker hairs require more treatment energy, as do some deeper hairs.

Put it all together and you get more painful treatments than you would have had to start with, and more treatment energy needed than one would have had, possibly more hairs to remove, due to stimulation issues, and lastly, less hair removed per treatment due to increased insertion times and distorted follicles being harder to get effective treatment on.

I should try this on my dark, think hair on pretty much my whole body…Ill let you guys know about my results.

It’s up to you. Check back a year after your last treatment. That’s the measure of true results if you are seeking permanent hair removal.

holymoly, I had no idea that waxing/epilating etc could result in hair distortion. It does make sense though that this is what results in ingrowns. I guess I’ll stay away.

It’s a shame this product hasn’t had great reviews. It seems such a simple alternative. oh well…