Concave yellow areas after first treatment . Burned?

Had electrolysis for the first time today…am I in trouble? I’m feeling uneasy because the woman doing the treatment said she had never seen hair like mine in her 40+ years of experience. She said the bulb wasn’t coming out and seems “melted” in the follicle and the shaft was like elastic and just stretched until it broke. Made me uncomfortable to be such an unusual case for someone with such experience.

This is the last area she did and I could tell she might have turned up the machine to help kill the hair she was struggling to kill. Now I’m a bit worried it might have been too much. I can’t seem to find pictures similar to what I’m seeing on my own face that have the white/yellow, flat circles and pock areas. My mustache area seems fine, just a few white pustule which seem normal according to the internet.

There were several times I could feel the hair being plucked out as well which I’m learning is not a good thing. Most of the time I could just feel the pressure of the hair coming out and sometimes no sensation at all but I think too often I felt the pluck. Should I be worried or just let it ride?

Two hours lost treatment:

Update- 20 hours post treatment:

Your electrologist is talking a lot of nonsense and overtreating your chin. The follicles on the chin are very predictable, which should make for an easy treatment in that area. I would suggest meeting with a different electrologist for a second opinion. Make sure you bring these images along to the consult.

2 Likes