Comtemplating shaving body...

So I’m an 18 year old half hispanic male and my body hair is just now growing longer and darker. So the hair on my stomach and chest are beginging to grow longer and darker as well and I really dislike it so shaving came to mind. I read the other post about the guy who has the shadow after shaving his stomach and that is something I definately do not want. So I wanted advice on wether I should shave my stomach and chest or not. My concern is that the hair will start to grow in thicker, courser, and more quickly and I will have to shave it everday or if I could just shave the short hairs on the stomache that aren’t on the center line (but I’m concerned that they’ll grow in darker etc.). I just don’t want to be sucked into a never ending cycle of shaving everyday and being concerned if I don’t or making the visiblity of the hair worse than it already is.

I’ve also been contemplating shaving my legs as they have also recently gotten longer and there is now growth on my thighs. Its more of a personal preference. My concern about this is how frequently I will have to shave (such as everyday?) and how much time that would take. Also if I just wanted to shave them and let them grow out a bit b4 i shave again then won’t the hair feel prickly and irritating? Also, being hispanic, will that effect the visible and effectiveness of shaving either of this areas as my hair is darker and thicker than caucasians? Thank you so much

Shaving will not make hair grow in thicker, it is a myth. However, given your age you may notice your unwanted hair coming in thicker and more dense since you are still going through the latter stage of puberty. But the shaving alone will not make the hair worse.

You may feel a need to shave regularly to avoid itching as the hair grows back. In that regard, some find it hard to stop once they start. Everyone’s rate of hair growth and tolerance for stubble and itching varies. I can’t stand more than 4 days of growth, but it varies from person to person. You could try waxing or sugaring for longer lasting smoothness.

Shaving doesn’t do anything to the hair. Most people associate developing more hair with shaving because it happens during an age where people start developing more hair. Basically, if you don’t touch it at all, it will still grow. You can shave as much as you want without worrying. You can also get a professional wax which will make the hairfree period last longer.