Clients: Laser hair removal practitioner fondled us

Posted on Thu, Sep. 22, 2005
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/local/states/texas/northeast/12716137.htm

Fondling allegations investigated

By DOMINGO RAMIREZ JR.

Star-Telegram Staff Writer

NORTH RICHLAND HILLS- Three more women were being interviewed by investigators about the owner of a cosmetic center who has been charged with sexual assault, police said Thursday.
A fourth woman also called police Thursday after learning the owner had been arrested and charged.

The women had been customers of Cosmetic Procedures Center, which is owned by Jimmy Earl Adams.

Adams, 58, was charged Wednesday with fondling a woman during a laser hair removal procedure on her bikini line during the summer, police said.

One woman has been interviewed and investigators plan to meet with the three other women, but police declined on Thursday to provide additional details.

``I have no idea what they are talking about,’’ Adams said Thursday.

Adams, who has denied any wrongdoing, remained free Thursday after posting $5,000 bail shortly after his arrest Tuesday at his business in the 6400 block of Rufe Snow Drive.

The arrest came after a two-month investigation following a report in June from a 27-year-old Denton County woman, who said she had been fondled during a visit at the North Richland Hills center.

The woman, who was not being identified because she says she was a victim of sexual assault, told police that she had visited the center for six additional cosmetic procedures.

When the last one was completed, she agreed to the laser hair removal procedure after Adams told her he would not charge her for it, according to police reports.

Adams said he is puzzled by the woman’s accusations.

``I was issued a citation for assault by contact on that last week, and the next thing I know I’m being arrested and charged with sexual assault for the same incident,’’ Adams said.

Anyone with information on the case should call North Richland Hills police at (817)427-7000.