Cis-gender female starting electrolysis after years of tweezing

I have this reoccuring nightmare that I will go into coma and have to rely on my partner to tweeze the coarse hair on my upper lip and chin. Wacky but I have so much anxiety around my facial hair that I am not surprised it is seeping into my dreams. So I finally decided to get a permanent solution. I have done blood work and I don’t have a hormonal imbalance. I think my family is just on the fuzzy side. We are insulin resistant but at the moment, I am fine.

I have had 3 sesssions every 2-3 weeks:

30 mins
40 mins
60 mins

For the first session, I didn’t tweeze or wax any hair on my chin or upper lip for 2 weeks. I counted around 100-120 coarse hairs. Most of the coarse hairs were removed.

The second session. I had 150ish coarse hairs. Most of the coarse hairs were removed.

The third session. I had 200-220 coarse hairs. Only a few coarse hairs were missed. Maybe 20?

I am assuming that I have been so amazing at daily tweezing and weekly waxing that I wasn’t aware of how many coarse hairs I had. Thank goodness for masking, I have been wearing one to hide the hair between sessions.

I haven’t tweezed, waxed or sniped/shaved any hair for 6 weeks. When will I start to see a reduction in the hair on my chin and upper lip? The person I am seeing is well reviewed and recommended. I never feel her pluck out any hairs.

3 to 6 months.

2 Likes

Update: I had another 40 min session and another 120-130 hairs treated. This would be my 4th session and in most of the sessions all the hair is removed with no plucking feeling. I haven’t touched the hair on my chin, upper lip, neck or side of face since mid June. Mostly she is addressing the coarse hair.

This week, I noticed a substantial improvement. I understand that there are further hair cycles of growth but this week was the first time I felt comfortable without a mask in public between sessions. Also I have I noticed a dramatic improvement in the texture of my skin. There is less of a shadow and almost no blackheads or active acne.

I won’t have another session for 3 weeks. I am assuming there will be significant new hairs for that session. But I am extremely happy with the improvement of my skin health.

Have you got pictures?

1 Like

Update with picture. I am 10 months into electrolysis. 15 sessions that were 40mins long. Only recently I have started going every 5-6 weeks. I am due for a session in a few days.

Before electrolysis I was waxing, threading, tweezing for about 25 years. In the last 5-6 years, the hairs got super coarse. I was tested for PCOS and negative. I had hair removed from my chin and upper lip mostly but I had a bit of hair on the sides of my hair and neck too. Usually I would count 250-300 noticeable hairs before each session. I think finer hair were treated too.

I have some very minor scarring that only I can see. However I have some acne scarring on the sides of my face so my complexion isn’t perfect and it all blends in. I was surprised how much hair would return every 2 weeks but since I was tweezing almost every day, it makes sense. I didn’t feel any plucking during my sessions.

My only concern is that I might have some undiagnosed hormonal condition due to the amount of hair and how long this process is taking.