circuit

I now have the makeshift foot pedal, however the circuit will not complete. Any reasons why this might be happening? I am using it on my hands, could they be too dry? I have a simple wire clipped to a sponge with the other end wrapped around the metal band of the one touch(duct taped). I wish it would work!

Whenever you have a circuit that should be complete and is not, make the circuit smaller. In other words, test the circuit with a wire in place of the sponge. If that doesn’t work, put a wire in place of the foot pedal. And so on.

Quinton makes self adhesive gel electrodes. This way you can eliminate the sponge.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by DIY’er:
<strong>Quinton makes self adhesive gel electrodes. This way you can eliminate the sponge.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Yes I’ve been using those with my own setup (2 six-volt lattern batteries w/ professional probes). I was using a one-touch base that had a heavily pitted metal plate & damp toweling as a switch, but when I switched to the electrodes the efficiency of the circuit was greatly increased (and no more messy electolyte solution) I shocked myself a few times before I found a good var. resister to use with it and now it works great.

Is it possible for someone to post a link to somwehere that supplies “Quinton gel electrodes?” Googling gel electrodes shows a list of millions of gel electrodes and I have no idea which ones to purchase. Hopefully the answer is not “a simple gel electrode is all you need”…I am a moron when it comes to this stuff :smile:

Thanks.

tbthanner523;

Just plug in www.quinton.com and they have a lot of gel electrode products. You may find what you want here. USA/CANADA: Tel. 800-426-0337
Fax. 425-402-2001

Address: 3303 Monte Villa Parkway
Bothell, WA.

Good luck.

Electrolysis supply places, such as Prestige Electrolysis Supply, sell the Quinton electrodes. Be warned: Standard EKG electrode patches may not have the current carrying capability and may start to have too much resistance. As it was, in our lengthy sessions, we’d have to move the Quinton electrodes around because they were developing acid buildup and causing a burning sensation.