Carol Block update

I’ve been warning consumers to avoid treatment with the D’Plume photepilator by Carol Block. I recent;ly received correspondence from the company that they are no longer involved with the device.

Sent 30 July 2002
</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>

1. Your name: Kathy Maciejewski
  2. Your company name: Carol Block, Ltd.
  3. Your work email: KMaciej@carolblockltd.com
  4. Your work address: 9552 West 147th Street, Orland Park, IL 60462
  5. Your work phone: 708-403-9996
  6. Your occupation: Electrolysis Company/Vice President
  7. Your title: Vice President
  8. Your question or comment:

"Just to let you know we are no longer affiliated with Dr. Welsh. The Doctor on Staff with us is Dr. Hank Nichamon. Also, we are no longer in McHenry. These changes took place about 5 years ago. Our main office is above, the phone no. is still 800-HAIRLESS, but our regular office no. is 708-403-9996 and fax is 708-403-9666. We are celebrating 65 years in business! We have several locations witch include: Orland Park, Crystal Lake, Oak Brook, Shaumburg, North Michigan Ave, Rockford, Joliet, Illinois. I enjoyed your site! "
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>My reply sent 5 August 2002:

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>

Thanks for your note, Kathy! I will update the information soon, but I have a couple of follow-up questions.

Do you still offer photoepilation with devices such as the D‚Plume device, or have your offices switched to IPL hair removal and needle electrolysis?

In addition, do you still sell photoepilation devices such as the D‚Plume device? I‚d like to update my information on these devices to be as accurate as possible. It appears that very few of these devices are still in use, but I wanted to confirm your company‚s current status regarding these devices.

Please provide me with any details you can. Thanks!

Take care,
Andrea
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Sent 6 August 2002
Hi Andrea,

No, we really do not use D’Plume any longer and have not used it as a lone device for a number of years now. We offer needle electrolysis and IPL (Photoderm) for hair removal. Because of the different procedures available with IPL, we now offer Photorejuvenation of the skin, vein and pigmented lesion removal. We have a Physician and Surgeon on Staff who does the lesions and veins.
Electrolysis was always offered at Carol Block, Ltd. so it is not new with us. We have been doing it since 1937.

We are celebrating our 65th year in Business!!! We have come along way with the procedures that were once offered. Although the D’Plume method was slow and tedious, I think Carol Block had the right idea. The intense pulsed light devices today are based on the same type of technology, although of course, not much else is similar to the new devices.

Thanks, Kathy
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>

[ September 21, 2002, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: Andrea ]