Candela Gentle Max Pro Plus on type 6 skin

Hi! I have been getting Laser hair removal for the past year now on my bikini and underarm area. I am now on my 11th session, and I am not noticing much changes specially in the bikini area, the hair is still growing quite thick, with only a few bald patches here and there, the armpit hair is doing a lot better but I would still have to shave in between sessions. Would you be able to advise if they are using the right setting on me or if I am essentially being scammed?

They have been using the Candela GentleMax Pro Plus/, on my dark skin (5/6 type, African).

We started on 8 Joule Fluency, I believe, with a 24 to 26 mm spot size, and a Pulse duration of about 10ms, 2.5hz, we have now progressed to 12 J/cm2. But given that next month will be my 12th session, I think they might be using settings that are way too low.

The clinician told me that the highest settings they can use for my skin would be 16 joules, but I don’t think it’s true, I have seen comments of darker skin people mentioning that they have applied 18-20 Joules to their skin.

I am also not that dark, for comparison’s sake, my complexion would be close to Naomi Campbell’s. So not the darkest in the spectrum, but also not the lightest.

Please let me know your opinions, thanks!

GentleMax system has both Alexandrite and ND:Yag modalities. For Skin type 4+ ND:Yag is the preferred modality. All these settings are they in ND:Yag? If in Alexandrite mode then that explains why they’re using such very low settings. If they’re using ND:Yag the settings should have been much higher by 3-4th treatment especially since spot sizes are large they go up higher.