Can I sell a device in this forum?

I have an oldschool MAHLER’S epilator. Id like to make a fair deal. Thought someone here would be interested. Ill send details if interested. zap! :slight_smile:

Is this a galvanic machine?

Electrolysis method for hair removal.

I know it’s electrolysis for hair removal. Which modality (galvanic or RF)?

Galvanic. Yes.

Of course, it is okay to try and sell this here. Have you tried to contact Skip Mahler at Instantron?

jaydeal,

It is important for you to know or anyone who may consider buying this unit, that this unit is not safe to use and the manufacturer, Skip Mahler, owner of Instantron, does not recommend using this on anyone. Its only practical use would be to sell it or donate it to a museum. Skip has many units like this in his own museum.

If you need to contact him, you can google him. The modern units he produces today are much superior than this antiquated one.

Deedra,

Thank you for the response and warning about the safety of the device! I was unaware. Information about these devices takes a bit of research. Intention to sell it as a curio rather than for practical use anyhow. Now I can advise potential buyers. Hoping to find responsible buyer and fair deal (numbers vary on that). Although, donation not out of the question. Giving related forums a chance before going to ebay and such. Might not be worth much cash but might bring joy to a collector.

1 Like

Did someone sell it to you? Just curious how you came upon this very old unit, jaydeal.

1 Like

There was a flash of light * then smoke and a guy with wild hair mumbling about flux capacitor or something…
lol. Honestly, I was visiting friends out of town and found it in a second hand shoppe, shelved ‘kinda out of the way’. So I guess it also comes with free rabbit holes as well! Just playing my part :slight_smile: