Buying my electrolysis machine

Ok guys I’m buying the books u recommended and the machine I’m also watching videos on YouTube, I watch your videos Michael and the more I watch the more I become convinced that electrolysis is my only choice of permanent hair removal… For some reason removing those ugly hairs is soooo satisfying

Cool … when I’m finished up with practicing I plan to put an entire electrology course on-line … all of it and yes, following the specific AEA guidelines. This will be generic and not specific to any company, modality, etc.

Then, people can have some starting point from which to begin their careers (or remove their own hairs). Still, this will not replace “hands-on.” Nicely, I’m not the only one working on on-line offerings. Our beautiful Johanna (a Dectro “girl”) in Los Angeles is starting up too. ALL of this will be free (well, mine will be anyway.)

I wouldnt recommend that claireblend mostly because I dont know that much about it.

These are more what I had in mind.Mind these are all located in canada, on a site similar to craigslist where people deal face to face. You should be able to find something similar on craigslist or by trying some of the electrologists here.

Oh that’s great Michaell I’m so exited can’t wait! Your YouTube channel is already inspiring. I looked up in Craigslist nothing at all! Do they ship from Canada to here or it has to be face to face? I didn’t notice that the clareblend was over 4000 that’s too much for me!
If u come a cross any machine from a trusted place post it here so I know about it. But I wish that these machines you posted their links here can be shipped to the US

For machines on kijiji, people do deal mostly face to face because it avoids being scammed. You could always email them and ask some may be wlling, other not so much… There seems to be a lot of machine located in quebec, but you usually need to speak french to communicate with sellers there.

Don’t rush into buying electrolysis equipment yet. Get the books, start reading. Buy vision aid fist. There is no use of getting electrolysis machine and pocking yourself because you can’t see where you’re inserting the probe.

What is your budget for a machine? I bought a UC3+ Hinkel for $500. It works fine but it’s not too practical to do work on yourself with it. You should focus on epilators with automatic timing settings. This one is good if you can get it under 1000. Make your offer

I agree, I think I’m rushing things a bit. My budget is $700, but I can save more in couple months, I saw this machine on eBay, I don’t know if it’s possible to get it for 600 or less, I’ll wait and check eBay from time to time for new machines, meanwhile I’ll be studying the books and learn as much as I can maybe as u suggested get vision aid and other tools before the machine

Dont pay anything for that machine! It’s missing parts,you dont even now if it works!

It’s also sold now! I found this http://m.ebay.com/itm/191822877010 also on eBay

I know that I already have asked this question before but what do you guys think of this one for a beginner like myself http://texaselectrolysisstore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=92_33&products_id=187

For a DIY’er, go for it. It’s better than a One Touch. For a busy electrolysis practice, a nightmare, in my opinion.

I’ve covered this one before…

That epilator uses a proprietary probe that is only available from Precision. It is not a standardd f shank probe. Though it’s possible a alternate needle cord can be purchased for it?

Regardless, precision probes have got to be , hands down, the most uncomfortable awful probes I have ever had the misfortune of using . So, on virtue of this fact alone, I dont recommend it. I know nothing else about the machine.

Seana

Thank u guys. And thanks Seana, I understand I am only very frustrated with the hair growth problem I have and I am rushing things. I’m also worried electrolysis won’t work since I have idiopathic hirsutism and just stopped take spiro because I read about its sides effects, my life seems to fall apart sometimes

ummm well, I’ve been on spiro long term. Theside effects are certainly not worse than I experienced on other antiandrogens. Get a good professional machine. Whether that is one with manually controlled currents, like mike’s clairblend, or a digital one, but if you go digital you have to be just about set on going apilus. You could do well with a VMC but if something goes wrong you cant get it serviced ( except maybe through TES?) There’s pleanty or silouette tone 250’s out there and I see them come up in the $600 or so range. But know what you are doing when looking for a machine. If possible, test it! You can bring a couple probes and learn from the forums here how to do a bubble test and an egg white test (Unrefridgerated egg only!!!) so you can go, make sure the machine actually works before you buy it. You’re on the right track looking at the precision,save the probe issue, but there are better machines out there.

Having idiopathic hirsutism has nothing to do with whether electroloysis will work or not. Electrolysis is not some kind of a goddess that can prevent hair follicles that are not a problem today from becoming a problem next year or in ten years. It will permanently eliminate the hairs you have NOW, but will do diddley poo for hairs that may stimulate in the future.

What causes hair to stimulate and grow? Well, you need a blood supply and hormones. Your genetic blueprint, certain classifications of medications, stress, puberty, pregnancy and menopause can cause hair growth.

Getting the hair that is there now means two things : you will destroy hair follicles that will never be a problem for you in the future and you will get relief both on a physical level and a psychological level.

yes that’s what I understand about electrolysis and I know it will work better than anything. For me even if I reach a point where I have to undergo a treatment every couple months say on my chin that would be more than great to me! My hirsutism is mild and I’m only 21 my problem area is the chin, I have to remove the hair every other week otherwise I will be having a mini beard. What u mentioned was so right! At least with electrolysis u remove the hair and you know deep down inside that it’s not going to grow again and these hairs are gone for good! And in the future if more hair grows in it won’t be as bad as the ones u had! I have been dealing with this since I was 12 and the appearance of the hair is almost the same density color and thikness but of course temporary hair removal methods worsened my situation

I have been keeping an eye on eBay for new cheap machines to come up! I saw this one today and the price seems good! I need an advice about it http://m.ebay.com/itm/291718820240

I dont know as much about that machine as some others here would. What I can tell you is they are no longer manufactured and were a manual blend machine which has both benefits and disadvantages from a learner/diy perspective. It could be a descent machine to learn with but you are unlikely to use it in a professional environment. Dont pay too much for it, if it goes much over $400 it’s not worth it.

Seana

buy with confidence. electrolysis machines don’t tend to go bad, that is one reason why most practitioners never upgrade, the old machine never breaks. Any problems with the machine can be fixed as easily as a stereo system.

What you will like about this unit is that the two pedal system allows you to control it with your feet like driving a car. One pedal for galvanic and one pedal for thermolysis. Any service needs could be taken care of by the unified hinkel-fischer company in california or texas electrolysis supply.

its also worth mentioning that one of the pictures notes a k shank needle holder. I’m not sure if they have an f shank as well as one of them.I think I see at least one f shankk holderbut I cant be certain.