Bumps after electrolysis...

After my last treatment I got bumps in the areas that the electrolysis was done on. It’s frustrating b/c instead of trying to conceal my hair I’m trying to conceal the bumps. They aren’t too bad but noticeable. I tried tend skin but it dries my skin out so much the electrologist has problems finding my hairs and is too busy trying to wipe off the dry skin. Are there any natural products I can use for this problem, my face is very sensitive. I will also be going for my next treatment tomorrow and I will make sure I ask what I can do to prevent or improve my condition. If there are any weird rituals you guys have before and after going for your treatments I would like to know. Thanks in advance for all the advice!!!

Meikmeik

I have had the same problem on my neck and chin where thicker hairs were removed. Some areas and skin tyoes are just prone to this, so it is unavoidable for some people. I’ve found the best thing to use is calendula gel to soothe/cool the skin and protect it. My electrologist puts it on right after treatment, and it really soothes and cools the area on contact. It takes away redness and reduces the swelling/bumpiness very well when I apply it again at home as needed. (I use hydrogen peroxide on the area first and on the fingers that I apply the gel with) The gel is made from plant extracts and you can get it at health food or natural stores. It costs about 12 dollars for a toothpaste-sized tube, but it is well worth it. Another thing that is helpful is to be sure the area is disinfected prior to treatment (my electrologist does this for me, but I always wash the area with antibacterial soap myself before I go to be extra sure) and to apply ice/cold compress immediately after treatment for 30 minutes, or longer if you can. I hope this helps you and good luck.

When I was using the tendskin product my skin had no bumps, just a little tenderness after treatment but alot of dry skin. I would prefer the dry skin anyday over bumps. After showing my electrologist she told me to use the tend skin once a day instead of twice and keep my face moisturized. Now, I can’t use the regular brands of moisturizer like oil-of-olay or neutrogena b/c it breaks my face out into a rash. I’ve been using all natural products like Aloe Gel, Vitamin C cream, and Witch Hazel. I went back to using the tendskin yesterday night and am happy to report bumps are practically gone now… Just wanted to let everyone know that tendskin does work!!!

Meikmeik