Broken Hairs? Side effect of waxing

Hi everyone,

I just waxed my legs at home 2.5 weeks ago. I have been shaving for 8 years or so (I am a 22 year old indian girl). I waited one month for the hair to grow before waxing. My skin is light and hairs are very coarse and dark black.

Right after I waxed, my legs looked clean but felt very very stubble like. When I looked closer there were tons of hairs that looked like post shaving stubble and felt just like it too. The legs did not feel like i just waxed at all rater they felt like i had not shaved in two days. I waited two weeks for the hair to grow back so i could wax again but the problem is that the hairs are NOT growing.

Whats wrong with these hairs? What do I do to correct this problem.

I am getting married in july and the reason I started to wax was because shaving does not get my legs smooth enough. The dark stubble shows and feels very bad even on day one. The waxing gave me the above problem? What should I do?

Thank You

I have to admit I haven’t ever come across something like whay that you are describing. After waxing, the skin should not feel like it has stubble. There may be little red, raised dots covering the skin, which is a reaction the skin has when the hair is so aggressivley ripped out.

All I can think of is that the hair itself has been partially pulled from the follicle and broken off halfway through, leaving a short stubble like hair sticking out. Have you tried exfolliating your skin? That may help dislodge the hairs. Otherwise you may simply have to wait for the new hairs to grow through, thus pushing out the remaining hairs.

For some people the hair is to dense, thick and coarse to be completley waxed (I found I had this problem on my chest), this simply being because all the hair stuck together on a wax strip is to tough to be ripped out from the root, so results in the hair just breaking off.

Btw, when you said you skin is light, how light? Skin typ III? Skin type IV? The reason why I’m asking this is because you may be a suitable candidate for laser hair removal.

Regards,
Benji

i had a bad experience with waxing, had it done 6 weeks ago.
Just real irratable for weeks until it all came through. What made it worse was that i was picking it and plucking. but my chest was so red and spotty. Im kind of glad its grown back, it now is thinner and lighter especially on my arms. But i will now get laser done on them i think.