Braun Silk-épil SoftPerfection Body & Face?

Hi,
I’m looking to purchase “Braun Silk-épil SoftPerfection Body & Face 3870 / 3890” but I can’t find it anywhere but outside North America. Are there any places that carry this specific epilator in the US, preferably online? I’ve looked on ebay and half.com and neither one have it.

Has anyone tried this product?

Thanks.

Sorry, I can’t help, but I know where you can find model 3370.

Go to Drugstore.com

It is the best deal. Only $59.99 with free three-day shipping. I just received mine. You might also want to check out CVS.com. It’s four dollars cheaper, but I think they’re out of stock.

[ June 16, 2004, 11:49 PM: Message edited by: Greetings ]

Thanks. I’ll probably buy that one…

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by Greetings:
<strong>I just received mine.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Do you like it so far?

It’s okay, I’m not too crazy about it. It does hurt a lot, but it removes more hair than waxing – if you go over the area more than once, which you can’t do with waxing. It’s also not as messy as other hair removal methods. However, the ingrowns and re-growth are PAINFUL! :frowning: They feel like little razors. I haven’t found a way to deal with them yet, but Jergens shave minimizing moisturizer helps to soften the regrowth. I think you need Tend Skin for the ingrowns.

I’m also not so sure about the “catch them as they grow” approach, which means that as soon as you see the new hairs, epilate them! Maybe this is contributing to the massive development of ingrowns? I guess it is because I don’t exfoliate as often as I should?
Waxing strips a layer of the skin; perhaps that is the reason why we don’t see much ingrowns after waxing?

Anyway, I would give the epilator a 7 out of 10. Maybe after a few months this number might go up or down. I hoped I helped you, and not confused you.

[ June 26, 2004, 06:54 PM: Message edited by: Greetings ]