blond hair

I have blond hair, which according to most of the information I have gathered (including the invaluable resources at this site), precludes me from using laser hair removal.

However, while researching local (St. Louis, MO) hair removal clinics, I discovered two which claim they can treat blond, white or gray hair with lasers. One uses a cold laser. The other sprays a topical solution called meladine onto the hairs to be treated and even goes so far as to guarantee the results.

Do you have experience with either of these methods? Is there any validity to the claim these methods work oo blond hair?

Well I am glad that you have found somewhere that they can help you with your blond hair, but if you think that this site gives you invaluable information then you should not seek any more information here.
Good luck

Hi guillermo–

Sona Clinics and others claim that their Meladine solution applied into the follicles will allow treatment of blonde hair, but there’s no published clinical data indicating this result will be permanent. Be sure to ask them what kind of results you can expect, and get it in writing.

Cold Lasers appear to be a scam. I’ll report more later, but there are no clearances from FDA for a “cold laser” for use in hair removal.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by neda:
<strong>Well I am glad that you have found somewhere that they can help you with your blond hair, but if you think that this site gives you invaluable information then you should not seek any more information here.
Good luck</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>“invaluable” means above value or beyond estimation, so I’ll take that as the compliment intended! :relaxed:

Guillermo’s post gives me that familiar “hopeful, yet hopeless” feeling again. :confused:

I am a 29-year-old male with blond/light brown hair on my back that grew in about 7 years ago (much to my chagrin). I have not dared to go in public without my shirt on since, which is pretty sad. I was nearly ripped off by Softlight in the mid-90’s, but fought to get my money back (and won) before they folded. Test pusles for Photolysis HR have also proven to be completey ineffective for my color hair. Electrolysis was incredibly painful for me…even with topicals and even with numbing injections before my appointments. Epilators also proved too painful; I’ve read how some of the other members of this site use them (including you, Andrea) and I applaud you all for your ability to withstand pain! :wink:

So basically, I’m down to waxing and shaving, which are pretty lame options. Waxing makes me break out in a rash of ingrown hairs (and thus makes my back look WORSE), and shaving is an activity I cannot do alone successfully (given that the area in need of hair removal is one I can’t reach!) :roll_eyes:

Have I missed anything?? I’m really at my wit’s end with this problem. “They” have been promising a laser that will treat red, blond, and white hairs for a few years now, but I have yet to hear of it. Guillermo’s message gave me a glimmer of hope, but that method they are “guaranteeing” him does seem to have scam written all over it.

Do dermatologists realize that if they actually came up with a laser that WORKED, they would be billionaires? I’m just so tired of waiting, and of watching all the men out there who don’t have this problem run around with their shirts off. It really sucks. :frowning:

Perhaps I should have posted this in the “Emotional Issues” forum; I don’t know that I’ve done much but outpour here.

Thanks for developing your site, Andrea, as well as this adjunct forum. I stumbled across it a year or so ago and have had it bookmarked ever since! :smile:

Nicky, I know exactly what you mean about the aggravation in finding a good option! I have read hair, and I’ve been told by several prominent dermatologists that laser isn’t in the cards for me right now. Maybe they’ll get it figured out someday, but for now, I can only be jealous of my dark-haired readers who can get laser!

There is no perfect hair removal option, which is why my site is so huge, you have to weight the pros and cons of each method before you can move forward, and as you point out, they all have a serious drawback or two.

Maybe some of the reader tips on the waxing board can give you some thoughts for making treatment easier.

The real trick in all this is raising the level of the dialogue beyond the din of the quacks selling false hope. Keep us informed of your experinces-- even negative ones can help people decide what’s right for them.