Blend versus High HF.

Oh Jossie … you don’t have to do NOTHIN’

I know your heart, and it is pure gold! (No, actually better than gold.)

To be fair to Josefa, I don’t think she’s saying anything against this specific electrologist’s skill or the effectiveness of galvanic. She’s probably referring only to the extreme claims on that website that state categorically all thermolysis treatments on coarse hair cannot work/are ineffective/are damaging. This is a demonstrably false assertion, because Josefa treats those kinds of cases with thermolysis all the time successfully.
It’s kind of like the scientific method, opinion is valid until one is definitively proven incorrect.
I’ve seen the recommendations for hairzapper on hairtell as an electrologist, but that doesn’t mean anyone endorsed those opinions about thermolysis in the same breath.
I’ve had galvanic and blend on my upper-lip, which is one of the only areas of my body that I had successful treatment in, yet my electrologist had faulty notions about hair growth (unbeknownst to me at the time) so she requested I shave and she tackle the hairs in the growing phase. That doesn’t mean her treatment wasn’t really good, because it was.

I definitely wasnt knocking Josepha and she knows it. I’ve learned tons from Josepha over the years and have every respect for her work.I actually thought long and hard before posting to encourage Sfelectrolysis. It was not an easy decision to do so . One of the reasons I left was because of the number of times people said the new kid shouldnt be allowed an opinion.I definitely dont want to be drawn into more yet drama Strait up, if you are allowed to talk up your favourite modality then so is any practising electrologist.I see alot of promise in SFelectroolysis and I would hate for that enthusiasn to be tarnished because some are so defensive of their modality no matter how well intentioned.I doubt Josepha has ever had to worry about anyone being critical of whatever modality she chooses to use. There are too many in awe of her work.

Good night all, and be nice to the new kid on the block.

Hi Josepha,

Does Thermolysis kill permanently the facial vellus/lanugo hair from the first treatment ? Or many treatments are required on the same hairs ?

thank you,

I am not Josefa but would like to assure You that vellus / lanugo hairs can be treated easily and usually VERY efficiently by thermolysis. Treatment of these fine hairs profits largely from good and strong magnification which makes precise insertions easier.

Thank you so much :slight_smile:

Yes, thermolysis “kills” the vellus hair structures the first time. The Electrologist must program the epilator to the correct energy level and insert the probe accurately into the follicle for THERMOLYSIS (OR ANY MODALITY) TO DISABLE THE HAIR FOLLICLE. Anyone that tells you otherwise, is stuck in the mud on Valium.