Blend Questions, what is the point?

Hi, I am going for a treatment with a new electrolysis in a few weeks! My other one closed.
I have only had thermolysis done on my course facial hair and I think it worked well and held up great. It is fast.
I think my new electrologist will be doing blend on me. I am concerned about holding this rod and a current going through my body. I also heard some people have a metalic taste in their mouth during and after, is this true?
I heard it takes longer too, so what is the point in doing blend then?

Go to my personal website www.bonoelectrolysis.com. Go to “Books” and download the FREE booklet on the blend method (in several languages). This is a technical publication, but it may help you understand this modality.
ZERO worries about the DC current used. DC current has been used for nearly 150 years for hair removal and there are absolutely no side-effects. The “takes longer” depends on only ONE factor: the skill of the practitioner.
Focus on the real issue: the skill of your electrologist. There is no machine, and no “modality” that can remove hairs. Only skilled electrologists remove hairs permanently! When you go to a restaurant, do you worry about the brand-name of the stove being used? Do you worry if the stove is gas or electric? Or, do you put your trust in the SKILL of the chef? It’s all about the meal and the results; not the stove! Think about that!

8 Likes

Thank you for your reply!

I will take a look at your website.

Have you had any clients experience the metal taste? I read that a few times and freaked me out a bit.

Thanks again!

Sure and it is totally not a problem. If work is on the face, the current stimulates taste buds (theory) and creates a harmless metallic taste. I could mention a couple other odd aspects, but you have enough to “freak you out” at the moment. LOL To get a sense of this, touch a DC battery (like an AA, or even a D size) to your tongue and, well, there it is … harmless.

3 Likes

Wow thank you so much Michael. Really amazing getting to talk to you!

I did take a look at your informational website and I started reading your book, thank you again for your time and I am really impressed!

I am sure this is in your book, however my main question is why do I need to hold the rod? I know it complete the circuit, but does that mean it goes through my body? I know it safe, just curious as to why this is needed.

I will continue reading your book, but I thought maybe you could tell me in a way I understand.

Thank you again!

I am looking forward to trying this method out. I have had thermolysis done for years and it will be interesting to see how blend is.

Sure, the DC “goes through your body” … of course, the shortest route. Your entire body doesn’t " light up" with the DC. If you were working on your fingers, and had the “rod” on your arm … the current would only go from your finger to the rod placed on your arm.

Then again, the HF-Thermolysis “lights up” your body too as it seeks a “return” to the machine. We’re exposed to all sorts of electrical radiation from multiple sources; even your cell phone and probably your power lines and many household appliances. There’s no escaping it. People just get a little “creeped-out” when you have them hold onto the DC “return” (the positive pole).

Thanks Michael, yes the rod freaks me out a bit. I had blend for a few mins during a consultation. Now I am going to do 45 mins.

Of course it is safe, just Thermolysis doesn’t need one to a hold a rod, so on the surface it seems safer.

I wouldn’t want to not do blend because of my slight fear of this rod haha. I just still don’t understand why this need a rod, DC you say?

I think it sounds like a great option to breakdown the hairs versus thermolysis, so even if blend seems slower if it kills the hair faster than thermolysis than it balances out timewise. I have coarse facial hair.

The few mins of blend I had seemed pretty similar to thermolysis, probe goes in and you feel a pinch, same idea.

I just told my electrologist whatever she wants to use on me, she is the expert and I am paying for her expertise to KILL my hair!

1 Like