Bleaching

Hi all,

I don’t know if this is the right forum to post my question. I have a black hair on my stomach; I never touched before so it’s not coarse but black. I don’t want to wax it or shave it, I’m thinking in bleaching. My question is for those who bleach their stomach hair, how often do you do that? Does the hair grow longer? What are the other side effects of bleaching on hair?

Thanks in advance,

I bleached this area for years before I got electrolysis done. There are no side effects that affect the structure of the hair. You do have to test it to make sure you’re not allergic.

It lasts 1-3 weeks. After you first bleach, the hair basically gradually goes back to its normal color as it’s growing out to shed (read about hair cycles if you don’t understand what this means). The hair may get used to it a bit, so it may not as long as 2 weeks after a while.

I think it’s a great way to masque the hair before you have the funds and time to invest in electrolysis.

Thanks a lot, I understand what you mean. I’m planning to bleach this area until I can afford laser in the upcoming years, because I have hair all over the stomach not only in a small area. I don’t know if electrolysis would be a good idea for such a large area. What do you think?

Thanks again,

Oh, my. Yes, indeed, electrolysis would certainly be a good idea for such a large area. It would be a sure thing,too. Choose a MicroFlash thermolysis electrologist and you will be surprised what can be accomplished in one hour or so of work. You would be so happy with just one clearing or even a thinning, but you need to get treatment with the consistency that matches hair growth cycles.

To Still Have Hope,

Bleaching can have its drawbacks so here is my recommendation.
Be coservative,meaning how often you bleach. Unlike when you lighten the hair on your head when bleaching body hair you are not stripping the color first then lightening-you are continuosly
coating the hair. When doing that the cuticle splits, the bleach does not take as well,if at all, and the hairs appear thicker. Once the cuticle splits it becomes more difficult to maintain.

Since you are talking about your abdominal area you could conceivably take time off in the winter.As Dee recommended and I agree, choosing a MicroFlash thermolysis technique is probably your best bet.

Bravo to you,for understanding the commitment it involves when undertaking electrolysis. With that understanding, I have no doubt your treatments will be sucessful.

Janet C.E.

Electrolysis or laser are not chosen for an area based on the area’s size. I treated pretty much my entire stomach with electrolysis because the hair was fine. Finer hair won’t be affected by laser, so you don’t have other options.