Bio-thermolysis Hair Removal, Has anyone used it?

I am presently looking at a new kind of permanent Hair Removal, called Bio-thermolysis. I am curious if anyone has heard of it, or if they have any experience with it. It is made in Spain by a company by the name of Enco. The treatement essentially is the application of some sort of gel, you are then covered in a saran wrap like plastic, and then covered with an electric heating pad of sorts, and left to let let the gel penetrate the skin and hair for 20 minutes or so. After this is done the heating pad and gel is removed and then a “waxing” like process begins, in which the treated hairs are removed. Between treatments you use a cream called Apres Epil, every day after showering to inhibit hair growth. The treatment occurs about once a month, and usually takes on average 1.5 years to achieve permanent results. The cost is suppose to be half that of most lasers. Can anyone give me info good or bad on this subject.

Thanks CuriousToKnow

Hi Curoustoknow!

This is a “transdermal” scam that seems to be one of many in the Vancouver area.

The stuff below is notes for my warning about these guys.

Perfect Form Centre & Spa
Choice Hair Removal
Marinia Silva-Brand
3974 Cedar Hill Rd.,
Victoria, BC V8N 3C1
(250) 472-0400
Fax: 250-472-0413
http://www.perfectformcentre.com/
www.perl-boy.com/clients/perfectformcentre.com/ hairintro.html
www.bc-biz.com/choicehairremoval/

I appreciate your speedy response. The three sites that you have sent me are the local businesses that are representing this product. They sing the praises of this product. Is there any info out there regarding whether it is fraudulant or not. Is there someplace place I can go, or talk with someone who has used this treatment. I have contacted the local the better business bureau, and they are all members and in good standing.

As I said in the first post, it is fraudulent.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”> </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>The treatment occurs about once a month, and usually takes on average 1.5 years to achieve permanent results.
I have done such similar treatments on my legs for a year or more ,I’ve spent thousands on it and all I’ve got is a few small bald patches…My advice is forget about it! :angry: …It just doesn’t work and a waste of $.