Best Techniques for Epilator Use.

I have a Braun Silk-Epil, which I find to be the best epilator I’ve come across, and have used it a few times…

My questions are:

1.) What do you guys feel is the ideal length for hair to be before it is epilated? I’ve usually done stubble length but I recently tried longer hairs and feel the results were dramatically better.

2.) What sort of topical agent can I apply to my skin before using an epilator to lessen/numb the pain?

3.) What do you guys do post epilation to prevent or minimize irritation?

THANKS,

Mmm… i would also like to know the answers to these questions.

Well, as you know, the Silk Epil will work with stubble, but ideally the longer the hair the better. At least for legs, above private area, arms, and chest. Not so much for your “package”.

2.) What sort of topical agent can I apply to my skin before using an epilator to lessen/numb the pain?

Well, you’re not really supposed to apply ANY solution or cream to your skin before epilation.

3.) What do you guys do post epilation to prevent or minimize irritation?

This one’s easy. Rubbing alcohol. I recently replaced my ruined epilator and I was letting my hair grow back between ruining my old epilator and getting my replacement. Time period, about 3 weeks or so. My hair was getting to that 5mm or longer length. Therefore my skin wasn’t used to epilating for quite some time. So when I got the replacement and started to rip the hair out again, it was leaving red bumps all over my arms, chest, and bit on the legs. I then doused each body part with alcohol. And less than an hour later, all the red irritation was gone. I was like, “cool…”

THANKS, [/quote]