Best at-home Wax Kit

I’m a male and wanted to know the best at-home wax kit to use for both dark course hair and fine dark hair. I’ll be using it for large areas… I know this question may have been answered in the past but there’s some new kits on the market and I wanted to know. Also I would prefer hot wax kits…I heard these work the best. And since I would be waxing a lot I’d like to know the best one for repeated use and cheaper in the long run…

Any answers? Im interested too

hi there!

we offer a home sugaring kit - which works similar to hot wax. the sugaring gel goes on warm just like wax, but while it sticks to the hair like wax, it sticks less to the skin so you are able to remove each hair from the root just like you can with wax, but with less pain!

another benefit of sugaring gel over wax is that it since it is all-natural (sugar + lemon juice + water + glycerin), it is water soluble, which means you only need warm water to clean up (or to remove the gel from an area you didn’t want to sugar!), making it really user-friendly for those new to home systems.

you can find out more about our Shobha Sugaring Kit and other tips on our website: www.myshobha.com

thanks for reading!

Hey everyone I know this post is old but I use one that just says Persian Cold Wax in a white box I bought at Loblaws in Canada and then also at Wal-Mart. I really like it, has a huge tub and lots of strips. I put it in the microwave for 30 seconds as I don’t see how you could possibly use it cold since it’s so sticky. I had tried waxing before and hated it could never do it but then gave this product a try and it’s really easy. You just put a thin layer on and then use the big strip.

Another tip, I had bought a bottle of spray Xylocaine off eBay from the UK just to have when I wanted to try it for laser. You’re only supposed to spray it 20 times (200mg) so when I did my legs yesterday I sprayed my lower left leg only, then left it about 30 minutes. HUGE difference! It still hurts but man you could totally tell when I got too high where I hadn’t used the spray. I even tried on my other leg to compare and I’d say it cut the pain in half. Later in the day I did the other lower leg. Then today I did the tops of my thighs. Tomorrow I’ll finish with the backs. I know its a pain to spread it out but totally worth it to deal with the pain. Plus the first time waxing is always brutal, I haven’t done it in probably 6 months. In a month or two if I wax again I won’t need the spray since it won’t be as much growth but was going on a trip next week so wanted to have smooth legs.

(Also to the above post, I’ve tried sugaring and hate it I much much prefer wax personally. The one I mentioned above is also water soluble, so just warm water washes it all away and cleans the strips right off.)

edokid, do you recommend any products to put on after wax to decrease the amount of pimples and stuff you get after?

KimFoxx , what area are you removing hair from?? Is your skin clean before the waxing? Is the waxing procedure being performed with cleanliness? Tea tree oil will help the pimples. Tend skin may be helpful as well.

If waxing is performed properly, you shouldn’t get pimples.