Bad Ingrown help!

My wife has a bad ingrown hair on her bikini area. What is the best way to get this out, should she go to a dermatologist?

Most of them can be delt with using a product like Tend Skin. Some may require lifting up out of the skin. If you have an electrologist nearby, I am sure she would lift that as part of her consultation. If you have good light and magnification and things to safely break the skin and tweeze it up to release it, not necessarily pluck it, then you could do it for her. I would stick with an electrologist, or derm … of course, the electrologist would be less expensive.

What is the general rule on squeezing them? Is that good or bad?

It would be better to put Tea Tree Oil on them to dissolve the puss. Until you release the hairs so they are no longer triggering immune response, you will only have more irritation and therefore more puss.

I have the same problem, that only way to truly get rid of them is to get rid of the hair. I’ve tried tend skin, and bunch of other expensive products, until my dermatologist told me to get laser. for the existing ones i suggest getting them professionally removed, please dont let her pluck them , as they will leave a scar, and only grow back thicker and more curler under skin.

I have found that if I release the hair from under the trapped skin and cut the hair short for several days it will get the idea that it needs to grow straight. Then, a few days later I’ll tweeze it.

This method works well; however, once a year it will return in the same general area - don’t know if it’s the same follicle that’s the problem.

Would NeoStrata Toning Solution Acne Care help with the ingrown hairs?