bad discoloration

I have ugly brown marks from waxing my chest a few times. Is this permanent or will it go away on its own? I really hate to stop waxing cause I hate shaving my chest and boobs but I don’t want to do further damage. Is there anything I can put on my skin to help it go away?

Hard to say what that is without a picture. “Ugly brown marks” not very descriptive.

You most likely removed too much skin waxing.

If the hair bothers you that much you should permanently remove it.

Yeah that’d be nice except nothing really works for me atm. I’m not even looking for a permanent solution but something that will at least last for more than a few days. I’m not willing to pay for electrolysis in that area or any other area until I know its going to work. I’ve had 18 weekly sessions for my eyebrows and have seen no results so far. If I actually see results I will be more than glad to pay for that but at the moment there’s no way I’m gonna pay for weekly sessions in that area and hope for the best. It takes about 45 min to get good results on my brows. If it takes that long for brows I’m gonna assume it’d take hours to do my whole chest.

Did you get in growing hairs as a result of waxing? This can cause severe discoloration in some people and although it is not permanent, it can take many months to fully heal, and would mean that waxing would not be a viable solution for you.

For certain people, especially those with sensitive skin, waxing can cause skin irritation. This causes reddish brown spots on the skin’s surface where the hair was pulled from the follicle. If you are prone to irritation,try to prepare the skin before waxing by applying a warm, damp towel to the area to be waxed in order to open the hair follicles and make hair removal easier.

Make sure you are not using overheated wax.