Aurora Laser

I have been talking to the people at American Laser Center in King of Prussa, PA. They quoted me $1850 for full face and neck hair removel. the course of treatment consists of six sessions. If at any time within two years of the last treatment any hair appears in the treated area they will retreat it for free… They give this guarentee in writing.
This sounds like a no lose situation but I am hoping that someone has had experence with this company and can tell me about their results.

Forget about any promises. They don’t have the ability to do that. Some people respond to laser better than others, they can’t know that until at least the first few treatments. Look at two things; The abilities of the technician, and fair pricing. Don’t get trapped in a multi-visit contract. Good places don’t need to do that. They may have a Marketing dept. that has nothing to do with the technician, so the clinic may still have some people that know what they’re doing. Ask if you can talk to other patients that have had what you want, so you can know what to expect, or do so on your own.

I honestly can say one thing; I wouldn’t get laser laser on my face and neck. I would get electrolysis. I’m by no means getting on the Laser vs. Electrolysis bandwagon that sometimes appears here on Hairtell.com, and god knows I’ll stand behind my great experiences with the Syneron Comet Laser. But, the face is an area that you want to be real, real careful with. If the technician doesn’t know what they’re absolutely doing around the jawline, it’s very easy to get an “arc” -resulting in a snapping sound and a burn mark. Arc burns are usually about a quarter inch in diameter and are from the two electrodes of the handle not being flush with the skin, and they stay there awhile, like months.

I would recommend trying somewhere else on the body first with these people, then the neck, then maybe the sideburn area, see how that works out, then consider full on face work, only until you really know that the technician knows how to do face very well. Just my two cents.

Mantaray

Do they allow you to just treat say your upper cheeks in one half session and than come back and do the rest of the face in the second half session after a week or so?

It seems that laser hair removal from the face is becoming an extremely common cosmetic procedure on tv shows, but I wish they would show more darker skinned patient on shows such as Extreme Makeover! If you are of skin type 3 or higher, I think you should get treated in another body area before moving to the face. Some of these clinics in smaller rural America hardly ever treat darker skinned patients and you don’t want to be the first goat for sure!

Do they allow you to just treat say your upper cheeks in one half session and than come back and do the rest of the face in the second half session after a week or so?

It seems that laser hair removal from the face is becoming an extremely common cosmetic procedure on tv shows, but I wish they would show more darker skinned patient on shows such as Extreme Makeover! If you are of skin type 3 or higher, I think you should get treated in another body area before moving to the face. Some of these clinics in smaller rural America hardly ever treat darker skinned patients and you don’t want to be the first goat for sure!

I am generally in agreement with Mantaray’s comments. The arc burns that he talks about are from the RF component from the Comet. I had two of those with the Aurora and one of them was on the inside of my arm not on a bony area. And no fluence setting changes were made prior to that. They were rare in my treatment but they did happen. The other arc burn was from a test spot on my ankle where the skin is very dark. Needless to say, I did not use the Aurora on my lower legs after the test spot. The Nd:YAG worked pretty good with no problems.

I would definitely stick to the Nd:YAG laser for the face if you have dark skin. Yes, it is painful, but all lasers are painful on the face. I found the Lightsheer to be extremely painful on the beard, even at a low fluence setting. The YAG has been very effective on my beard with virtually no post treatment redness!

RJC2001

what is your skin and hair color? Aurora is an IPL (with RF technology) and you would get much faster and better results with other types of lasers. this place is a chain and you just don’t know what kind of tech you will get. make sure to do a lot of research before you sign any contract. lots of people on these forums have problems with contracts. laser hair removal (or IPL removal) is not guaranteed and doesn’t work for everyone, so don’t look for guarantees. look for experienced technicians who won’t make your problem worse and won’t burn your skin etc.

type in the center’s name in the search box above and on other forums like this to find lots of feedback on this lhr chain.