At Home Laser Device

Of the 2 FDA approved Home Laser Devices you have posted (Tria and Silk’n), do they work as well (or well enough)as the in office lasers?

The short answer is no.

They are far less powerful than the professional ones on one side and they are too new for people who tried it to actually tell if they got any permanent results.

NO. Please do not subject your future clients to lack of permanent results. These machines are not powerful enough to cause permanent removal.

Dont worry LAgirl, I am my only client. I was interested in it for home personal use.

If you’re looking for permanent results, these machines aren’t it. If you just want relatively long term (a couple months) removal in the privacy of your home, then they’re an option. I personally don’t think that’s worth the cost since professional treatments aren’t more expensive on many smaller areas, but are actually permanent.

I am going to be documenting my results with the Tria at:

http://sites.google.com/site/mctriaproject/Home

if anyone wants to read it, I will be updating regularly.

The reason you aren’t supposed to use the Tria on your face is because of the risk of eye damage. Even though they have safety features to prevent it from pulsing unless it’s in contact with the skin, accidents happen, people try to “adjust” gadgets, etc. Malpractice insurance companies require professional practices to have written safety protocols because of the potential of eye damage.

I figured as much. If you check out the UK version of Tria they actually say it can be used on the face. I’m sure the FDA made sure it was a no no here for eye safety and possibly Tria threw it in there to make sure people weren’t accidentally burning their face and causing scarring.