Assistance please

Hello. Two questions

1. My practitioner uses an insulated probe, does this protect the skin from damage? I do not have scabs and seem to heal fine, I just fear that my skin could be damaged without knowing it, later on. How do you protect yourself from damage? What do you look for?? It worries me. After reading quite a bit I would never want skin damage like pitting or scarring.
  2. If skin was previously damaged from an electrologist (say pitting), but you stopped treatment (only having one or two sessions) and found someone good, if hair grows in the damaged area and you have it treated, is that going to further damage the skin and create more pitting or scars even if the new electrologist seems to not damage the skin.
    Thank you.

If your skin heals fast and well, then you’re doing just fine. Insulated probe can protect the upper layer of skin from temporary reaction or lessen it. But it is not really a guarantee against skin damage. Properly done, electrolysis does not cause pitting and scarring with any modality and any probe used.

Can others respond too, what do I look for to protect my skin? How long to tell if there is damage (i.e. pitting) and what about treatment in a previously damaged area, will that cause more damage, if you now have a good electrologist??? Thanks.

When Tina Marie came to me, her upper lip was pitted and visibly wrinkled. We concentrated on other areas while that area was given a chance to heal. Later, we cleared out the area using my techique and she is bare and happy now.

Although you can still see a slight difference between the upper lip and the rest of the skin, it is no longer such a big difference that people ask about it.

You should be fine.

Thanks James, how long to heal the area. I gave it 2 months.

It took 2 years for her skin to get to the point where she started to forget what she had been through, but since she is a smoker, I imagine that things could have been faster had she quit smoking and had a good diet. Aloe on the outside, water and collegen building foods on the inside help speed things along.

It’s usually safe to work on scar tissue (with some considerations, of course), if that’s your question. But how do you know that this is your case? What does your skin look like? How long was it treated? I suspect that we are talking only about temporary situation.

She did not share the pictures of her pitting, but here is what her skin looks like today.

http://www.geocities.com/tm1298/Bonus_Photos.html?1128876631830

http://www.geocities.com/tm1298/Bonus_Photos.html