Article: New Side Effect of LASER May Be Permanent.

I’ve had 3 treatments of the Aurora Elos laser on my face to get rid of unwanted peach fuzz and darker hairs around the jawline. Shortly after each session i noticed that i was breaking out in areas ive never broke out in before. I get very mild acne, like 1 or 2 at a time and its gone in 2 days. These breakouts have lasted over 2 months and im wondering if its from the laser. I haven’t noticed any reduction in hair and it actually looks as though i have more than when i started. I go back for another treatment tomorrow but i don’t feel great about it. My best friend is getting the exact same thing done and has noticed the same results except for the breakouts. If this next session makes me breakout again or if i dont notice even a slight reduction then thats it for me…i’ll wait til something better comes available.

BeardedLady, I recommend you stop these treatments IMMEDIATELY. This IPL (not true laser) is worthless for one, and most importantly laser in general in NOT GOOD FOR PEACH FUZZ, especially on a woman’s face. I suspect since you’re using this IPL, you are going to the large chain clinic that has been criticized here consistently due to their lack of skill, service, good lasers, qualified techs etc. Just run a search. If you want peach fuzz removed on your face, you need to start ELECTROLYSIS. that’s the only permanent method available for PEACH FUZZ at this time.

James, thanks for your post. I do have to say that from reading the electrolysis forum like you are, I would have to disagree on your first point. There are at least several people right now on there who are switching or recently have switched electrologists because they have been going for over 6 months consistently (translates into a lot of money spent) with less than stellar results. Yes, someone can notice immediate damage to the skin pretty quickly, but that applies to laser as well, and I would switch techs right away.