Art Hinkel Tape #1

I’m finally finished with Hinkel’s first lecture (electricity & magnetism). It’s only 9-minutes long (originally 21 minutes … I edited it). Now, we have to complete the process of “rendering,” that takes about 1.5 hours.

Maybe Hinkel’s lectures will help the DIYers and students, so they don’t have to “re-invent the wheel?” Or, be left in the dark on certain issues?

I have 20-hours of Hinkel’s lectures and, depending on how the schools react (want them, or not), I’ll start on the next ones. We shall see, some schools are “open” to materials from other sources, and some are not open (jealously guarding their proprietary materials).

My life-long belief is in full open discussion and information on everything in this field. I’m somewhat in the minority, especially with schools that sell machines (and may actually suppress information from “conflicting” sources).

This first tape/video is a “test case.”

1 Like

Here goes:

I watched the video. Thank you for the effort. Hopefully there will be some gems that relate to performing electrolysis itself.
A lot of times you learn more from lectures than from any written source.
How or why did Hinkel dedicate his life to hair removal? And how successful was his business at its heyday? Was it a multi-million dollar venture or a modest family business? Blend ended up staying local to West Coast; did Hinkel ever feel bothered that Thermolysis had a wider reception and influence in electrology?

Blend used to be a West-coast thing, but pretty much universal now (although I would quibble on the actual “blend” that people think it is).

Hinkel made a small fortune. The system, in its heyday, allowed firms like Seligman & Lats and Glemy’s to do their thing in the ultra-luxurious department stores. And Hinkel contracted with such companies.

Check out the Los Angeles department stores of the era (e.g., Bullocks and Buffums) they were amazing. People often arrived in limos and were treated like queens.

What a great video with a lot of great information from Mr.Hinkel. I loved the whole “black box” bit with the mouse, and the eeek was hilarious. Glad to see another video from you on youtube. I’ve been hoping you would make more.

Hinkel speaks. I have always wondered what his voice was like. I too like the “black box” idea and the story about the chaleur device (never heard of it). His prediction that future black boxes would appear was correct. Depilation, Removatron and all the other “trons” plagued electrologists and consumers during the 1970s and 80s. Remember microwave hair removal? It never worked. I look forward to more Hinkel lectures - they are pure gold.