Arlene Batz, CPE (Queens, New York) Electrologist

Welcome. I joined HairTell as an opportunity to help educate folks about hair removal and also to participate in dispelling the misinformation about hair removal. With education – that is not disguised as advertising – we can begin to advocate for ourselves.

Many electrologists enter the field because of our own problems with unwanted hair. I am one of them. Facial hair became evident when I was 19. I was a student with little money. Tweezing and shaving was my temporary solution.

When I was 25, I had a good job with great benefits and decided to find out what was “wrong” with me. This led me to one physician after another who all concluded that I was normal.

Can you relate to being told that you are, “fine” and feeling distressed over that diagnosis?

How could one be normal yet be a female growing a beard?

I was convinced that the diagnosis, “Idiopathic Hirsutism” was a technical way of saying, “Duh, I dunno” or perhaps the testing to diagnose properly was not available.

I asked an endocrinologist, “If your son came to you and showed you his growing breasts, would you dismiss his concerns?” No, response.

After giving myself burns from misusing depilatories by keeping the caustic cream on my chin way too long, I ended up in a dermatologist’s office.

This was about 30 years ago. He suggested that I try electrolysis.

Who can relate to any of this so far???

I went to several electrologists until I found the person I felt most comfortable with. This is what I suggest others do. Interview as many electrologists as you can and try short treatments.

What is your criteria?
I needed an educated electrologist who could answer all of my electrolysis questions intelligently.

Electrolysis had such a major impact on my life, finally feeling free of the shame of having so much facial hair, I decided to change my career and become an electrologist.

I wish you all great success and hope and pray that all folks who are suffering from the distress caused by excessive hair growth in undesirable places, find HairTell first.

As requested, I am including the following information.

My location: private office
85-15 Main Street, #9N
Queens, NY 11435
718 206-2744

Epilators:
Apilus Platinum
Apilus SX500
Gentronics MC150
Gentronics MPG

Preferred Modality:
Various high speed Thermolysis techniques.

In order of preference Probes:
Laurier
ProTec
Prestige Premiere
Ballet Gold

Electrolysis Prices:
$80 — 1 hour
$65 —45 minutes
$50 —30 minutes
$35 —15 minute
$20 — minimum appointment

Skin Care treatments also available.