are you supposed to shave right before treatment?

shaving irrates my skin immensely…
right now, i have lil red bumps all across my inner thigh from shaving and get soooo itchy whenever walking especially now that its summer (no fun)…
but thats not the only area, it happens all over my face, as well…
is it an absolute necessity for my skin to be shaved before treatment cos im worried about treating an area with already damaged skin??

Consult with your practitioner about their preferences. If they do pretreatment shaving, perhaps you can use an electric razor or a wire-wrapped razor to help reduce irritation.

Also:

Take a shower or bath first-- the hair will be softer.

Use a really good shaving cream or gel (Skintimate is a consumer fave)

Use as few strokes across each area as possible.

Don’t use a lot of pressure.

Shave with the grain of the hair.

Use a product like Tend Skin or Bikini Zone after to reduce irritation and ingrown hairs.

Gently exfoliate the area with every shower between shavings.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by Andrea:
<strong>Consult with your practitioner about their preferences. If they do pretreatment shaving, perhaps you can use an electric razor or a wire-wrapped razor to help reduce irritation.

Also:

Take a shower or bath first-- the hair will be softer.

Use a really good shaving cream or gel (Skintimate is a consumer fave)

Use as few strokes across each area as possible.

Don’t use a lot of pressure.

Shave with the grain of the hair.

Use a product like Tend Skin or Bikini Zone after to reduce irritation and ingrown hairs.

Gently exfoliate the area with every shower between shavings.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>ah! thank you!
im seeing where my problems might be…
while i use a lot of skinitimate, i shave multiple times with a lot of pressure AND against the grain…
im generally not very well coordinated, so i do this to make sure i get everything…
ill try to get into the habit of trying not to though…

how about dipilatories???
or will i risk the liquid seeping into the folicle and attacking what the laser is meant to target?

Depilatories are usually too harsh for someone who gets the kind of shaving rash you describe.