Are these loupes good enough for electrolysis work

I’m not sure if one of the below loupes are good enough for electrolysis for fine hairs?

Working Distance : 300-500mm
Depth of Field : 100mm
Field of View : 65mm

I have never use them before. So I would like to know other opinions before I decide to buy one of them.

I would be hesitant to purchase anything off of ebay for something as important as a visual aid for doing microsurgery on hair follicles, especially if you are a professional.

I would do as the surgeons and dentists do in your locale and get surgical loupes that are custom made just for you. It will be more expensive, but I would not gamble with this very important part of the equation for doing expert electrolysis care.

Ok ok I’ll look around local dental & surgical supplies ;->

Nora,
look around to see who your nearest orascopics dealer is.
You wont regret it. They are excellent loupes. They are pricey though often in the several thousand dollar range.

I have a set of 3.5X 400mm focal length loupes from ebay. I have never been able to use them, they are too difficult to get into adjustment for me. They were cheap, but not worth it.

If you’re dealing in that price range, I recommend you look into some of the 8X circle lamps from ebay. They arent difficult to set up, give good magnification . They arent loupes nor a medical microscope, but they work acceptably in a production environment. I’ve used one for the last 2 years without complaint.

I currently have dental loupes from Q-optics. I have two pair one 2.5x that I use for work (I’m a dental hygienist) and another at 4.5x magnification that I use for doing electrolysis. Professional loupes are pricey but well worth the money. Q-optics highest magnification is 4.5x ( which is fine for me)but I know orascoptic loupes go up to 6.5x. Not sure which magnification you would prefer but the dealer can let you try them all and you can decide which one is right for you. Also whatever loupes you decide to get make sure to get a light. The light is expensive but in my opinion is a must have.

Thank you I love this forum full of great people with the true of support & info

The focal length is too large. For electrolysis You need slightlty less, i.e. 340 mm.

In addition to my 6X/340mm loupes i also have a pair of those 3.5X glasses. If i am totally desperate i might work with them (to me still better than any ring loupe), but it is a pain compared to my 6X loupes.

Regarding the light: yes, if possible and if available for Your glasses. For my employee i ordered a cheaper 6X set of glasses and let her work with my old pair of medical lamps. That’s entirely possible; i did it successfully until i could afford the head light.

Hi

I would like to know other opinions on the loupe below:

I prefer this one => https://www.hogies.com/maximeyes-prismatic-60.php (6.0x; working distance of 40 cm)

over this (1st photo)=> https://www.medicalsearch.com.au/surgitel-s-micro-line-loupes/p/117778 (8.0x; working distance of 45 cm)

Thank u again for your time,
Nora

The first has more magnification, something you will really appreciate and so will your clients with very fine, fuzzy upper lip hair.

As long as they are custom fitted for you, where a rep takes measurements of your pupil distance, inclination and comfortable working distance so you are not hunched over. You can work longer and smarter if you have superior vision aid. Your insertions will be spot on, thus your kill rate will be awesome, thus pleasing the client, thus increasing your business because YOU will be in demand for your expertise and there won’t be enough hours in the week to handle all the people wanting an appointment. Lastly, if you have perfect insertions, it hurts less and you can lower your energy levels, perhaps?

NEVER SKIMP ON QUALITY VISION AID. NEVER. Spend the money. No excuses.

I found 400 mm ( 40 cm) too long a focal length to work comfortably.My arms arent long enough to work comfortably in that position