Are these hairs suitable for laser hair removal?

The hairs are mostly too fine. The contrast between skin and hair pigment isn’t sufficient. The density of hair in the area isn’t too high. I don’t think you’ll see a significant reduction.

I would recommend against doing laser for these reasons. If you find an electrologist, they can clear the chin and neck area and thin out above and below the lip, and you’ll see much better results.

Why just “thin out” for the lip area? I’m not very knowledgeable about electrolysis.

1 Like

I’ll clarify. The end result of electrolysis for chin, neck and lips is permanent hair removal whether the electrologist clears the area each session or thins the hair out over time. The reason I emphasise that the lip area should be thinned out is that treating too many hairs in close proximity in this area at the same time has a higher likelihood of marking the skin. This should be avoided.

This is also true of the chin, but the amount of hair you have there isn’t enough for this to be a significant concern in your case.

Some of those hairs will be affected by laser and some won’t. Why not go for every hair with electrolysis. I would clear the areas totally the first session. Might take 90 minutes to 2 hours using thermolysis.

2 Likes

Because your hairs are small in diameter and light in color, an alexandrite laser with a short pulse width would work better than a diode or YAG. Results are unpredictable and vary widely including the possibility that new hair can be stimulated from the treatment itself.

1 Like