Applisonix

There are some changes on www.applisonix.com

They made some progress with product development.
Now they clearly say that their technology is for long-lasting hair removal.

What I don’t understand are the photos with the hair. Because the post-hair seems darker than the pre hair.

I’m really excited how this technology will develop. Also because QUest mentioned, that their cream works also with ultrasound devices.

I’m not sure. Isn’t applisonix supposed to work without using any cream ?
I think if the ultrasound target the hair by having a precise frequency that makes it react, it shouldn’t need a cream.

yes you are right, but quest’s cream also works with ultrasound devices.
I think i read it on quests webpage.

There are major changes on appli’s page.
Their new device for professionals is called SELECTIF and their technology IMPRESA.
The efficacy is comparable to laser. they are still working on the consumers device.
Maybe they can keep their promise and bring this technology at markets at the beginning of 2009.

Applisonix Announces Breakthrough in Ultrasound Technology for Hair Removal

Thanks mordoh for the up date. Here’s the entire link:

Applisonix Announces Breakthrough in Ultrasound
Technology for Hair Removal – Average Hair Reduction
of 38% Following Initial Treatment

Rehovot, Israel – 30/06/2008 - Applisonix LTD (TASE: APLS), a developer of innovative ultrasound based solutions for the aesthetic market, announced today that the test conducted using its hair removal prototype achieved, following an initial treatment, average hair reduction of 38%, which positions its efficacy within the top professional long-term hair removal solutions.

Applisonix’ co-CEOs, Mr. Alon Goren and Mr. Uri Amir, stated that the test results indicate that the technology developed by Applisonix can be safely and effectively implemented for men and women. Mr. Goren estimates that compared to commercially available long-term hair removal solutions, Applisonix’ solutions are planned to be safer, less painful, more affordable, and applicable to all hair and skin tones, Mr. Amir added that the company intends to launch its first device, Selectif™, in the first quarter of 2009, as planned.

Applisonix conducted tests on men and women for a period of several months. The test results were examined by Prof. Cassuto (Milan, Italy), an external, independent, internationally recognized expert. Prof. Cassuto verified and evaluated the findings and concluded that the new technology’s efficacy is similar to the efficacy of the top commercial light based systems, and without any side effects, and regardless of hair and skin color.

In addition, it appears from Prof. Cassuto’s review, that following the initial treatment using the prototype and Applisonix’ technology (IMPRESA™), there was an average 38% hair reduction, compared to the controlled area, which was not treated. The treatment was given to 36 people, men and women, with different hair colors and skin tones, and the results were statistically significant.These results reflect the new technology’s capability of competing with expensive professional light-based systems. From studies published in this field, it seems that with most light based systems, one treatment can reduce the hair count by 10%-40%, thus the results position Applisonix’ technology within the highest level of hair removal technologies.
Prof. Yitzhak Peterburg, Applisonix’ chairman, stated that this breakthrough paves the road for Applisonix to join the leading aesthetic companies in the world in the hair removal market. “Applisonix”, added Peterburg “presents a combination of an innovative, exciting technology, a huge potential market, and impressive execution capabilities”.
For further information please contact:
Israel: USA:
Alon Goren – Co-CEO Yossi Aloni – VP Marketing and Business Development
Uri Amir – Co-CEO yaloni@applisonix.com
+972 (8) 936-3604 +1 (858) 427-5279

I like that it is not 100% from the start. I have very, very, hairy legs but don’t want 100% reduction (since I am a male). If it would be reduced by 40%, that would be great. If this really works and becomes the next thing, I think they will be able to adjust the frequency so that the 40% can become X% where X is any number the client is wishing for (clearly with some margin).

The hair which is not long lasting reduced (i.e., not included in the 40%), what happens to them? Anyone with some info? My guess would be that they (hair follice) might be damaged to some extend so that the hair probably will not be 100% healthy which can mean that it will not grow as strong (thick and long) as before.

Great news! Hope this goes all the way.

You won’t be able to “set” a percent reduction. That’s just not possible given hair cycles. Please read up on those.

You can get a reduction now with laser btw if your legs have dark coarse hair. It’s around $250 for half legs and $400-500 for full leg treatment, and you’ll probably need around 3-4 good treatments for a 40-50% reduction.

Here’s a post from someone on the forum who recently achieved this on the legs with pictures: http://cosmeticenhancementsforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7856

Hi lagirl! I had never thought of that. Thanks for the info! :slight_smile:
Unfortunately his legs seem to have big spots. Do you know if this is to expect or if he had bad luck/the person he went to was not that good?
Also, it is hard to see but do you know if the hairs that are not removed grow as long as they always have (or do they get shorter and even thinner)?

And so applisonix goes to the next phase…

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/applisonix-moves-into-production-phase,555239.shtml

LEF1–

• Leg hair is not uniform even without any treatments. You may think that is it if you have very coarse hair and a lot of it, but look at people with average to low amount of hair and you’ll see that it’s not all 100% uniform. Asian have very spotty hair in general. Either way, I don’t think that person’s hair is as patchy as you indicate. It looks pretty natural to me.

• Hair does get finer after some treatments, but not shorter usually.

what exactly is Applisonix? On their website it says their goal is hair reduction! well we already have Laser for that!