Apilus xcell pur massive energy spikes

About 6 months ago, I purchased a new Apilus xcell pur version 2.8, based in uk. I’m trans f2m and a qualified electrologist. Due to lockdown I have just been working on myself, but experiencing constant problems with massive enegy spikes, its been driving me nuts as the machine works fine then just goes crazy, with me moving between levels 2 and 9 to get male facial hair released.
Informed the people I purchased from and was told to return machine but I had this feeling it would only show as being faulty if it was infact acting up faulty whilst being tested.
I have discovered the problem, its when the black lead contacts skin. tried 3 differnent leads and they all spike massively. In the past i may have put lead round back of neck, touching arm etc… I know it sounds insane but I can control it 100% of the time if I let it touch my skin or not touch my skin. spending ages perfecting this technique.
To give you an idea of how this happens. Lead does not touch human skin then syncho level 7 does the trick when the machine seems stable. If I run the lead up my sleeve touching my arm then I can remove hairs on level 2 syncho, but its hot and feels like level 7. I wrapped the leads in bubble wrap and that stops all spiking, level 7 is always level 7 etc, level 2 is level 2. I can’t remove male facial hairs on level 2, none of my hairs will release on level 2. Has anyone else experienced anything like this, please help !

That’s absolutely bizarre behavior, but I believe you when you say you can replicate it.
By black wire, I’m assuming you are talking about the thermolysis component is spiking when the probeholder wire is coming into contact with your arm?

A few questions:
Is this the regular fine wired probeholder or one of the HD probeholders?
Is it screwed in securely to the socket?
Does it behave the same when you swap out probeholders ?
Does it behave the same when you switch to channel B as it does on channel A?
And finally one other possibly bizarre sounding question, are you perhaps using your foot pedal with socks or bare feet given you are working at home on yourself?

Let me tell you what I am getting at. The wire is composed of a thin copper braided core, surrounded by plastic and then that is surrounded by a foil of fine wire mesh. That Mesh is connected to the outside of the socket you screw it into and the fine inner wire inserts into the housing of the socket. The reason the outer mesh is attached to the outer socket is that part is Grounded, and the mesh becomes a form of shielding that prevents discharge of the current outside the wire. But the footpedal is ALSO grounded. and could concievably be grounding the shielding wire intermittently through your body via the foot pedal. If the ground connection on the socket isnt good then it might do this, and it would allow current to escape the wire intermittently varying the strength of the RF signal.

The easiest thing to do is swap out the probeholder to see if that solves the problem, but failing that your machine may need to be sent in for service.

Ironically, I notice power strength fluctuations all the time, usually down to the protec probes so have switched to ballet insulated instead. Sometimes it’s the probeholder wire, and others it’s difficult to determine the cause. But you’ve just caused me to think that my power spike over the last few weeks could be associated with switcing between long and short sleeved shirts.
I’m really interested to find out what happens when you change ports or change probeholders. If the answer is it doesnt affect the issue, then it’s time to send i t in for service.

Seana

Thanks Seana I was rather hoping you would see this post. Black lead being the lead screwed into the machine and the other end being the needle holder, ive tried 3 leads all the same outcome, either port A or B, same outcome, massive spikes no matter if i switch between ports, I wear footwear and use the footpedal. Its a thinnish black leads that came with the machine with blue ends that connect to the small black needle holder with white chuck caps, brand new machine from HOF uk. Leads screwed in properly finger tight. Ive used sterex insulated, gold, stainless needles, currently using isoblend needles, but it matters none.
Just 30 mins ago, i was working on upper chest area on myself, thought I would try Meloflash and could not get any release of hairs, not even on level 9 x 5 pulses EL1787, complete waste of time. So, i wrap lead around my forearm once and hey presto, level 3 x 5 pulses EL 647 and hair slides out. Unwrap lead, can hardly feel any energy on level 3, wrap lead around forearm them boom, yep feels hot and hairs slide out.
On another day I have been able to remove hairs on level 6 or 7 without lead touching skin on meloflash, but today level 9 just can’t handle it, hopeless. Unless of course it touches skin and then level 3 works a treat. I’ve started to wrap bubble wrap around the black leads, this stops the spikes but if the machine is not performing then the only way is to manually increase up to EL excess of 2000 + then the machine can just stabilise and these huge energy levels become just that. Ive burnt myself a few times.
I feel the only way to safely use this machine is to let the lead touch skin, I can control it that way all the time. But this is not acceptable on any level.

that honestly sounds like either a short in the wire, or that the shielding is not grounding properly. I would try a couple HD probeholders new and see if the same thing happens. I somehow dont think it will.

I’m in contact with supplier, they should be contacting manufacturers so waiting for there response. I just feel so disappointed with it, having read how amazing it is and reliable and how its the best most accurate machine available. It cost me and arm and a leg to purchase.

Ok, well its official. I am not going mad, the machine I purchased has issues and the manufacturers are aware of everything that’s happened. A new thicker screened HD lead has been designed, manufactured and soon to be available for XL model. My arm (skin) was acting as antenna which was directing the energy to where it should have been, the tip of the needle. Apparantly the new thicker screened HD lead does just this, redirecting all of energy to tip of needle, which means that you should all be working on a lower level to get hair release as I could get thick male deep rooted terminal hairs out on levels 2 and 3 using my arm as an antenna. Now we know what the problem is, the suppliers have been great, bending over backwards to resolve problem, they offered me the only new screened HD lead in the UK. I did’nt want it so the machine has been returned back to manufacturer, I swapped it out for a cleo flash with blend, which I love, its brilliant. Amazing little machine, ran it side by side with XL, have to say, give me the cleo flash all day long.