Apilus Xcell Pur does not boot up

How can I reset? The manual says nothing about that.
I got an USB Stick with the software on. But How to apply when the computer isn’t even starting?

Are you a member of Apilus Tips and Advice on Facebook? Joanie Gonella can help you. Did you purchase the Xcell in the United States or somewhere else?

1 Like

I purchased it in Europe where I live. And there is no technical support in my country

It started but then it freezed within seconds.

Did you purchase the unit from a Dectro International entity or was it a private sale? You can join the Facebook site ‘Apilus Tips and Advice’. Ask your question to Joanie Gonella. She can advise you. If you have a problem getting on that website, let me know. I can contact Joanie for you.

From the authorized supplier. Garantee is expired.
I signed for that group but still not accepted. Thanks

the xcell pur is based on a windows XP/2000 distribution running an overlay application ( xcell_pur.exe_ You can try restoring the file from your usb drive backup, you will need to add a hub so you can also run a mouse and keyboard. I wouldnt do this yourself without technical knowledge, you’ll need to restore directories and libraries exactly to the correct path.
In short, yes I do think you need to hire a technician to assist you, but being windows based its not too difficult I should think. I discovered the windows overlay when Xcell sent me a loaner which had a failed flash. It at least ran, but older/original firmware is recommended over newer revisions. This may help you, but I DO recommend going to someone who knows these machines well. I am not that person! Sorry I stopped doing tech work over a a decade ago.

there is also signficant reason to have it looked at, these are memory drives and if it’s not right the memory could have failes and wil re-corrupt the image.

I have reached out to Joanie Gonella.

Joanie Gonella responded. She asked that you contact info@aesth.com so they can direct you to technical help. Also, you should join ‘Apilus Tips and Advice’. If you don’t answer all the questions, you will be declined.

Of Cause I answered all the questions for the facebook Group but I wasn’t accepted yet. Thanks for your help!

I made the statement about answering all the questions because I am a moderator on another electrologist forum and when people request to join and they don’t answer all the questions and follow up with photo proof of certification, I will decline the request. I have alerted Joanie that you tried to join and her first comment was if you answered all questions. I’d really like for you to join that group. It would be so good for you.

1 Like