Apilus Platinum v/s Apilus Platinum Pure

I’m new on this site and i like it very much:)
I’m also learning to become an electrologist.
I was wondering if someone could help me decide which Apilus machine i should buy.
I read that the Apilus are the best ones, but there are so many kinds. While reading on this site, i found out that the Apilus platinum is the best.
There’s also the platinum pure and i read that the mode is without footswitch. Is it dangerous to use it as i am a beginner?
What’s the difference between the platinum and the platinum pure?

Thank you very much:):slight_smile:

They both work at a frequency of 27MHz .Both offer new hair removal modes. They are the same machine except Apilus platinum offers a little extra features and extra mode.

These are the extra features

Apilus platinum is equipped with a computer link which allows you to directly transfer all the details of hair removal treatment to your computer.

Apilus platinum has a printer which enables you to give a client a printout of the details of the treatment.

In the apilus platinum pure one of the modes called synchro is optional whereas it comes with the Apilus platinum.

Apilus platinum comes with an extra mode called evolublend.

Apilus platinum pure and Apilus Platinum both have footswitches.

I have had my Apilus platinum pure for 2mths and what I can definetely tell you that this machine,if used correctly is very comfortable for the clients. and my clients refuse to ever go back to using my 13.56MHz machines. My clients absolutely love it.

I hope this information helps with the differences between the two.

If you are willing and able to purchase the Platinum, by all means, do - but when new in practice many people start with lower-end models. There would be a couple of reasons for this - getting yourself established while keeping your overhead low would be the biggest reason… Apilus are great, but there are other good epilators out there. I still love my Fischer CBX, and it is my back-up.

Milli gave you some great info on the differences between the two Platinum epilators.

The only thing I would add would be about the use of the foot-switch. It would make good sense to begin with providing the best insertions you can. This often means going very slow at first and working up speed when your accuracy of insertion is second nature. (During my first months in training I was seeing hair on skin when my eyes were closed and dreaming about insertions at night!) Ask your instructor when you might be ready to turn off the foot-switch and try your hand at auto. They will probably have the delay set at a second or more, depending on the technique, to give you time to get that perfect insertion.

Welcome to the profession! I wish you great success!

I agree with all that Barbara and milli said. My back up epilator is a Silhouet Tone VMC. I used that for four years and it is a very, very good epilator, so don’t poo poo other brands. I’m settled with the Platinum and liking it so much. It is a real work horse and it offers so many ‘tools’ / options. If anyone tells you that this kind of epilator controls the electrologist rather than the electrologist controls the epilator, I want you to smile kindly and walk away. It is not true. It is a very silly comment as well.

If you can afford to invest in the Platinum, get it. If you get the Pure, I would definitely invest in SYNCHRO. It will cost about $400, give or take. It is well worth it. Many students are using the Pure and Platinum in their schools already. It is not hard to use and using the auto sensor is a goal to strive for, after you get comfortable with the insertions. My auto sensor is usually set at 0.6 or 0.7, but if you are new at this, set the sensor above 1 second. Most computerized epilators have an auto sensor mode. This is not exclusive to the Apilus Plat or Pure.

Be sure and take steps to set yourself up with a good vision aid as well. It is for your well being and you get a lot of ladies wanting you to remove a lot of peach fuzz.

Thank you Milli, Barbara and Dee :D:D
The information you gave me are priceless and hard to find online.
My instructor doesn’t help me a lot… I don’t know why…

Could you help me with these questions too? :blush:

Does the machine come with instructions or should someone teach me how to use it? I think it’s the same technique for all machines, but my instructor told me that the Apilus machines are hard to use. She wants me to buy her old machine… (a Silhouete tone)

I finish my lessons next week :smiley: and of course I should practice a lot at home (on my sister and cousins and all my friends :P) I’m a 27 year old Lebanese girl and I’m a perfectionist and I have a lot of perseverance. Do you know how many weeks I should practice before I could begin on strangers? How many hours per day? I’m ready to work hard!:smiley: (As I told you, my instructor is a pro, but…)

I’m loving this new field !! :smiley: I’m a dietitian and well… not really loving it, so not practicing it… 2 years ago I went to my electrologist (for some hair on my face, I still have some but the results are wonderful) and since then I was amazed by this technology!:smiley: I’m finally learning it and I am so curious and ready to learn more! Thanks to this site and thanks to YOU :smiley:

Thank you all again for your help and Barbara for your sweet wishes:)

I hope one day to be a pro and to have so many info as you all have :slight_smile:

There is a user’s guide with the epilator, but it is not as detailed. You are encouraged to fly into Santa Rosa, California to get hands on instructions for a day at Aesthetic Systems USA. They will help you with positioning and insertions skills mainly because this is the most important part of the doing electrolysis correctly. I am aware of many who have purchased the Apilus Platinum or Pure who did not go to Santa Ana and they are doing fine. I do not think it is a difficult epilator to use.

Your instructor probably can’t help you because she doesn’t understand the language of Apilus, otherwise, I think she would do all she could to help you out.

I don’t know how many weeks it will take to get you to feel comfortable, but you may know sooner than you think. Let me tell you, to this day, I am never comfortable starting new work because people are all so different with their hair problems. Just ease into it and talk yourself through keeping in mind all the principles you have learned. You will find what it takes to release the hair and will be in a zone of happiness doing your thing.

Just as with our littlest Suzuki violin players are told, “You don’t have to practice on the days you don’t eat”, I’ll say that to you. Grab anyone you can and practice insertions and positioning. Work on this everyday.

Lastly, pay forward to the next new electrologist who needs help.

Glad you are joining us. It is a great career that truly changes peoples lives for the better.

Dee

Thanks a lot Dee:)

Unfortunately I can’t fly to California it’s a 14h flight from Lebanon.
When I’m going to buy the machine, I’ll try to understand everything, if not I hope you can be here to help me out:)

Thanks again, I’m feeling a lot better and have more confidence in this new field:)

Have a nice day:)

Hi, great info, I am new to this forum though not to electrolysis which I have been practising since 1993. I have just purchased an apilus platium pure after rave reviews from 2 ex colleagues. My question is can you treat skin tags and broken capilaries with it or am I best to use my older gentronics unit?

Skin tag removal and telangiectasia are both possible with the Apilus Platinum and Platinum Pure.

thanks james great to know, makes things a wee bit easier.

I am using APILUS xcell pur but now it’s touch screen not working . What should I do?

Did you contact the Dectro to troubleshoot?