Hello! I have been doing electrolysis for over 5 1/2 years. I currently use an Apilus Senior II at my workplace, which I really like. I am going to be adding my services to a very high end spa and I am going to buy my own equipment. The senior II is no longer available but I think I would like to have updated equipment anyway.
I was looking at the Apilus Senior 3G for a little while because I was nervous about how the Platinum was different than what I am used to using. Now that I am looking into the pure I am reading some really great things. Here are my questions about the Platinum Pure.
- When I open the box will I have to learn a whole new machine or will it be fairly similar? E.g. The chin setting on Senior II is 3/3 - will it be the same on the platinum pure or will I have to learn new settings for each area?
- Some of the features available on the pure are optional. Do you recommend I take them?
- There is an automatic detection setting but does it come with the foot petal as normal? I prefer to use one.
- Is the 27mhz truly better than the 13mhz, is it just as effective or better?
- Is it gentler and less uncomfortable for the client with less irritation?
- How have thermocoagulation treatments improved with the platinum pure?
- I have read it is approximately $7000 but I can’t find an exact price. Does this sound right?
- Is there anything I need to know about the Platinum Pure and do you have any recommendations?
I also currently use ballet probes but I found a box of sample insulated pro-tec and did a treatment on my leg and I loved the results. How do you feel about ballet vs. pro tec and which do you recommend? Why are the ballet so much more expensive? Thoughts on non-insulated probes?