Apilus junior fuse blew

Hi All,
I have Apilus junior machine that works with 110v and I use a transformer to convert it to 220v. By mistake, I plugged it in the 220v instead of 110v and the fuse blew right away.
I removed the fuse and I tried to start the machine without fuse and It didn’t work at all. Did I just lost my machine for ever or I just need to replace the fuse??

Please help me I need to know.

Hi,
As I understand, you plugged it into 220 without the converter?
If this is the case then yes, unfortunately, the machine is dead. It will need to be repaired by an authorised Apilus centre, so contact your local distributor. Not going to be cheap but it’s fixable.

Oh God :frowning:

Ok one last question please.
Does the machine able to work without the fuse located back in the machine?

without a fuse at all, no the machine wont even turn on. You can replace the fuse with a new one and then try it, there’s a remote chance the fuse blew before any damage could be done, it’s slim however. You could try it however to see if the machine will power on and operate. For a junior though, they are quite older and not of great value. It may not be worth sending anywhere for repair.

Thank you so much for responding. It was hard for me to find 1 amp fuse with same size. It will be shipped to me in two weeks. It’s really long time for me to wait to know if my machine will work again or not :’(
Thanks again for responding. Much appreciated.

One option is to wrap the old fuse in foil for tessting, however if you do this, you are operating without the benefit of any fuse. So if something is wrong, it could get very dangerous very quickly, so it’s not recommended to operate a machine for any length of time like this. However if it is a boat anchor, you’ll know right away and its difficult to destroy a machine if it’s already a write-off.

Wooow I tried your idea and it worked. You gave me peace of mind until the new fuse be delivered so thank you so much. I operated the machine only for a second just to make sure it is not dead.
Thanks again your help is much appreciated.

This is good news, but you arent out of the woods yet. The results are promising, but your best next step is to take it to a local electronics repair shop. There’s more of these around since cell phones and portable game consoles have become popular. Be honest about what you did, and have them open it up and check for any obvious signs of damage, burnt traces, burst capacitors or similar. Its possible the fuse not rated for 220 did it’s job and blew right away but there could still be unseen damage. This is your best next step while you wait for your fuse to arrive back. If after doing this no obvious signs of damage are present , and the machine continues to operate within normal parameters, only then can you believe that it might be okay.

1 Like

I’m a DIY electrologist who’s had an Apilus Electropil Junior for around 12 years. When I started I consulted this forum a lot, but not in many years.

Now I need help again! The same thing has happened to me as commentator “Faten.” I am an American who moved to Sweden two weeks ago. I have an 110V Apilus Electropil Junior. I thought I could plug it in with a plug adapter and it burned out immediately. I read the forums here and it sounds like I first off, burnt a fuse, and second, fried my battery.

left my operating manual in the states, but I don’t recall if there was anything about fixing mechanical problems in it. I’m trying to remove the fuse. Does anyone know if you pull it straight out or twist it? Once I’ve done that, how should I get the battery out. Does anyone know what kind of battery it would run on?

Thank you so much for any advice you could impart. I paid around $1,000 when I bought it from a retiring electrologist and it’s a great machine and I’d love to keep using it!

Oh boy. First, I will say that dont take anything I say as professional electronics advice. I’ve not had this model apart so I am NOT speaking from experience. Here is what I can tell you…
The fuse is removed by twisting. You may want to order one from somepplace like digikey or another electronics component supplier.While the tick above will work…briefly,…but if there are other problems in the machine there will be no protection and fire and or further damage to the unit may result.
The battery, this is a MUCH bigger problem… It is soldered on board. I am not sure on the Junior, however on SOME models the battery is contained inside the Real Time Clock chip which must be desoldered and replaced and you may find availability an issue. Again, digikey is likely your friend . In short, this is a job for an electronics shop not an amatuer or DIY’er.

In the event this is too costly or not an option due to your location, you could replace it. A quick search of FB marketplace using a wide area resulted int he below listing, which, for $500 isnt bad for a replacement:

Hope this helps.
Seana

Thank you so much for your help! I think I am understanding the whole picture more now, and where to go from here.