Apilus Junior - anyone with experiance?

Hi everyone :slight_smile:

Im a 25yr old M>F Ts from the uk, and me and my girlfirend are looking into buying a Apilus Junior electro machine so she can help me and maybe look into starting a profession later on.

Just wondering if anyone had any experiance with one of these machines? are they any good? also where can i get more needles and such like?

Ive done some looking around the forum and got some good info and some good recomendations for books to read for beginers :slight_smile:

Just dont want to spend alot on a machine thats too complex for us as beginers or thats obsolete so i cant get needles or spares :frowning: Ive looked around the net but cant find too much information on the machine (apart from being mentioned on here :smiley: )

Many thanks!

Rachel & Adele

1 Like

Apilus makes good products hands down. The junior would be great for your situation.

Probes (needles) are not hard to find. I like gold Ballet brand. I also use insulated Ballet, but gold would be good for you right now. I order mine from many sources in the U.S.A, but certainly there is a better option for ordering closer to home in the UK. Ask an electrologist or two where they get theirs. Contact Dectro and ask them. Do a google search. I would not do any facial work as a beginner. Stick to the body until you get the “feel” and knowledge behind you.

And… goodluck.

Dee

1 Like

The Apilus Jr. is a fine choice. Many DIYers and pros here use Apilus machines, including myself (as does my own electrologist), so you can ask questions about its operation here. There is a bit more of a learning curve (compared to older machines) but it is not insurmountable; just make sure you have a copy of the manual.

www.hofbeauty.co.uk is the Dectro distributor in the UK (according to Dectro’s website.) If you have to order from the US, T.E.S. www.texaselectrolysissupply.com does ship overseas.

No need to worry about not being able to find needles for your epilator. Modern epilators use “F-shank” needles, including the Apilus machines, so no need to worry about availability. In fact, one can still get needles for machines that are 30+ years old (T.E.S. carries them.)

As for books, get this one first, “The Blend Method” - By Michael Bono; T.E.S. carries it. It is a fantastic how-to book for those starting out.

Hi Vicki…
lefty2g,LE, CPE’
(OOPS… MY CAPS LOCK KEY IS STUCK) IF YOU READ THIS SITE FOR A WHILE YOU WILL NOTICE A COMMON THREAD THAT RUNS THROUGH EVERY ENTRY. IF IT IS FROM A PATIENT… THEY WANT AND EXPECT RESULTS YESTERDAY because they pays their money but do not want to think about their chances of success or the variable ability of the electrologist that treats them… NO MATTER HOW MUCH THEY READ OR HEAR ABOUT ELECTROLYSIS THERE IS NO WAY TO MAKE THEM UNDERSTAND THE PROCESS that delivers either of the VARIOUS MODES OF TREATMENT AND/OR… THE EXPLAINER IS NOT ADEQUATELY KNOWLEDGEABLE TO EVEN TRY TO EXPLAIN IT. ALL ENTRYS ARE PUT THERE IN GOOD FAITH, HOWEVER, NOT ALL OF THEM WERE AT THE TOP OF THEIR CLASS IN SCHOOL AND MOST NEVER WENT TO ELECTROLYSIS SCHOOL BECAUSE THERE ARE NONE IN MANY STATES AND THERE IS NO LICENSING in many more states. However, none of the patients have any inkling of the fact that while they comprehend the concept of anagen, catagen and telogen, they have to understand when a hair normally is rubbed off or wiped of by a towel the replacement will not show up for many months. THEREFORE, THERE ARE MANY HAIRS UNDERNEATH THE SKIN THAT ARE IN THE PROCESS OF REPLACING OTHER HAIRS THAT WERE REMOVED BY VIGOROUS WIPING OR RUBBING.
Patients discuss all of the modalities, all of the various types of machines and believe all of what they say because their electrologist told them so. The fact is electrolysis is only one modality. Most treatments are done with THERMOLYSIS or a version of thermolysis called PHOTOTHERMOLYSIS (LASER). The princple is the same with each, “cooking” BECAUSE HEAT IS THE BASIS FOR EFFECTIVENESS WHEN DELIVERED TO THE RIGHT LOCATION IN THE RIGHT QUANTITY FOR THE RIGHT LENGTH OF TIME. Electrolysis is a chemical reaction that is much slower and much too slow for patients who want results “yesterday”.PAIN IS A “PERCEPTION”, CONSEQUENTLY, NO TWO PATIENTS WILL FEEL THE SAME WITH THE SAME SETTINGS BECAUSE THEY CAN HAVE DIFFERENT AMOUNTS OF WATER IN THEM WHEN TREATMENT IS GIVEN AS IN PRIOR TO MENSES. AND THIS VARIES FROM PATIENT TO PATIENT AND WHETHER OR NOT THEY HAD SALTY FOOD THAT DAY PRIO TO TREATMENT WHICH WILL ALTER THE FLUID RETENTION AND THE DEGREE TO WHICH THEY PERCEIVE PAIN. THERE ARE SO MANY VARIABLES THAT IT IS A MIRACLE HOW EFFECTIVE THE PROCESS IS WHEN DONE BY AN EXCELLENT OPERATOR.

All methods are best for small areas because you can see results faster when you concentrate on a single small area. When the patient learns how effective the process can be it is their decision to continue. If it is not effective it is the problem for the electrologist. If the patient continues to grow hair and it spreads to additional areas it is a problem for the doctor, particularly if there are additional symptoms that have a gynecologic basis.

I find it ridiculous that patients and electrologists are ready to argue about the make of the needle, whether it is gold plated or not or the machine used because they ALL have to meet FDA standards. The standards are the same for all thermolysis machines and the same for all electrolysis machines. THERE ARE NO STANDARDS FOR GOLD NEEDLES VS STAINLESS STEEL NEEDLES BECAUSE THEY ARE THE SAME EXCEPT FOR POTENTIAL ALLERGIES (>9) MY CAP KEY IS STUCK AGAIN, THEREFORE THE PERIOD COMES OUT AS ( > )

1 Like

Not all electrolysis machines are engineered the same, thus the varied and unique differences. Probe choice matters for reasons that I don’t need to lecture you on since you are a renowned CPE. Are you still retired, Harvey? Have you had the opportunity to use the top of the line Apilus epilators, the Sil-Tone VMC, Clareblend’s new Elegance, by chance? They are quite fabulous, well, the first two are, but I am anxious to hear feedback about the the newer Clareblend.

1 Like

Hi i m planning to buy appilus senior
Electrolosise machine but can u recommend witch one is better between Appilus senior or Shallot 520?

The Senior is a fine machine. I’ve never heard of the Shallot 250.Between the two I’d go with a senior. The Junior and Senior are no longer supported by Dectro, but I would assume probeholders are still available from Dectro. I do recommend replacing probeholders on any aquired machine, many of them dont work. FOr probes if all else fails you can order from the US at Texas Electrolysis Supply. There’s bound to be better UK suppliers, and Sterex needles are popular in the UK. I believe Mairi Hawkes in scotland may have some distribution channels for ballet but I’m not 100% on this, you’d have to ask her.Also if you are a UK electrologist registered with the BIAE I recommend becming a member of the facebook group hairshoot theres lots of resources there.If you are not a member become one, it’s a requirement there. https://electrolysis.co.uk/