Anyone Used an RA Fischer Model Seven?

Hello this is my first post here. Ive been reading alot here the past few weeks and have been looking for a used blend unit as Ive only used a modified one touch and a modified vector unit and would like to try blend. I contacted TES this morning to get some prices for their used units but the owner wasnt too much help as he kept trying to point me at thermolysis only units and would redirect the conversation instead of giving me prices for the models I was interested in(mainly older clareblend, hinkel, and gentronics units with 2 analogue meters) so I was able to find an RA Fischer model 7 for alittle over 300 and wondering if they are decent machines and if anyone has any experience with them. Thanks and I look forward to learning more from everyone here!

Although no longer in existence, the R. A. Fischer Company made high-quality equipment back in the day. I believe the Model 7 was manufactured during the 1960s-1970s and uses vacuum tubes. You might want to check with TES and see if they still repair epilators and whether or not vacuum tubes for this unit are still available. If not I am not aware of anyone else that can or will.

1 Like

I actually have this machine and may have even purchased it from TES. And I do like it. It is not my favorite machine but it is up there…I have three of the RA Fischer’s. I also have two Proteus, one Gentronic and one Elite Sprectum. I am a big fan of themolyis and don’t like the Blend too much.
The Doc has been in this field for over 60 years and really knows his stuff. He is not repairing machines any more. None of my machines have the vacuum tubes either.

I believe that is a gentlemen in Canada that repairs machines but I can’t even imagine what it would cost to get it there and I live in Michigan so I am really close. I am fortunate enough that my husband can fix my machines when necessary.

You might want to just take his suggest and give it a try. And he does warranty his machines.

Good luck to you

1 Like

Mr. Heimlich was very helpful when I called about some of his blend epilators. Call him again and ask about his blend units. Any of the Hinkels and Clareblends will do good blend. You don’t even need a UC 2 or UC 3 models which cost more.

Thanks for the replies! I posted this in a rush before running to work so I wouldnt forget to post later and I didnt mention that the unit is on another site(not TES) used and it powers on but no further testing has been done and it comes with pedal and probe holder. Ad confirms its a 70s model and Im pretty confident I can repair it if a component is bad on it so Im not too worried about repairs if needed. Im glad to hear the company made good quality equipment and that someone has experience with this machine and likes it. I may call TES again to check but I believe he told me the used Clareblend units like the autoblend and mini blend were going for alittle above $1000 but he did say prices for machines in general were high right now. Id really like to get a Clareblend 1803 or the Epiblend E01 but I really cant afford more than 500 max and units seem scarce at the moment so Ill probably go for the model seven and keep an eye out for one of the other units in case I end up deciding to pursue a career in electrolysis. I was able to get a copy of A.R Hinkel’s Electrolysis, Thermolysis and the Blend and I plan to get a TES copy of Michael Bono’s The Blend Method so ill have plenty of studying material but Im open to any other reading recommendations too.

TES told me the same thing that people are not letting go of their Hinkle and Clareblends so he gets less and less of them that’s why their value is high these days. He has more of the older Aplius models so maybe that’s why he is pushing thermolysis machines more to get rid of the unwanted stock.

That makes sense. I purchased the model seven about an hour ago so Ill update when I get it It does seem to be one with tubes so Ill have to source some spares and see if There are more modern components I can use to replace the tube circuit later on as I cant find any info on google. Does anyone have a copy of the model seven user manual they could send me scans of? I always try to get manuals for old well built machines just in case. There was an AR Hinkel UC-1 on ebay for about 375 but Its only on the canadian ebay now for some reason even though its in the US. Has anyone ever traded in units at TES?